Microsoft Excel Advanced CourseThe MS Excel Advanced Course is the longest and the most comprehensive of the three Excel courses presented here. However, if you have successfully passed the beginner and the intermediate courses, you should consider yourself fully prepared to begin the advanced course.Formulas, or functions, are what advanced users of Excel want from this tool. When one uses formulas, not only can they see the data they require for their work, they can also analyse it and get answers to very complex questions. Though any person with a small amount of Excel knowledge can use formulas, such as SUM, a user who has advanced Excel skills will use other formulas, both alone and combined, such as MATCH, INDEX, DSUM and VLOOKUP. In addition to knowing these formulas, those who are advanced users of Excel know how to debug these formulas, how to audit them, and how to choose the perfect formula for the occasion.
What you will learnSome of the concepts that you will learn in the MS Excel Advance Course include the following:
- VLOOKUP Advanced formula options and manipulations
- Other advanced functions including OR, AND, CHOOSE, INDIRECT, REPLACE, LEN, LEFT, FIND
- Functions including CEILING, CORREL, DATEDIF, DATEVALUE, DAVERAGE and EDATE
- Colouring a column and row with a formula
- Highlighting a cell with a formula
- Functions including ISODD, ISNUMBER, ISTEXT, ISLOGICAL, ISNONTEXT, ISERR and ISBLANK
- Functions including DGET, DMAX, DPRODUCT, DCOUNTA, DCOUNT and DSUM
- How to calculate depreciation in Excel, including SLN depreciation and SYD depreciation
- Calculating loan IPMT and EMI
- Functions including DATEDIF, DATEVALUE, EDATE, EOMONTH, MATCH and INDEX
- Full explanation of the INDEX and MATCH functions, covering several modules
- Looking up data
- Selecting only cells containing comments
- Hiding formulas
- Automatically inserting serial numbers
Job roles this course is suitable for:Microsoft Excel Advanced
About New Skills Academy
In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online course availability. The name behind that vision was New Skills Academy.
When it comes to online schools, there are plenty, but at New Skills Academy we distinguish ourselves amongst the competition with our dedication to your long-term goals. If you are entering a job market for the first time, or seeking a new career, we will provide you with the fast and efficient online support you need to make your dreams a reality.
Our expertly designed courses, detailed lesson plans and student testimonials all attest to the fact that we take great pride in our course offerings and provide only the best for our students. Often, people dream of pursuing a degree or certification but never find the time to follow through. We know life gets busy, which is why our customers can take our courses online from anywhere while still working. Students can access our courses from a PC, mobile phone or tablet; this means you can learn anywhere you go.
Our students’ reputation matters, which is why all of our online courses have been reviewed and certified in partnership with qualified industry experts. For added security and peace of mind, all of our courses have been approved by CPD.