As technology development moves at breakneck speeds, you need to be adept at choosing, using, and applying technology in your elementary and secondary school curricula. Our program gives you the knowledge and hands-on experience to become a master teacher, school or district instructional technology leader, coach, professional developer, or instructional designer.
You'll learn to adapt and apply technology to enhance the teaching of P-12 curriculum for diverse learners. You will also gain theoretical knowledge and leadership perspectives to provide of leadership to guide long-term strategies for technology adoption design and implementation.
Upon successful completion of the nationally recognized and NYSED-approved NYIT program, you'll be eligible for New York State certification as an Educational Technology Specialist and for permanent or professional certification in your initial certification area. An option for non-certified educators and others interested in technology in teaching and learning is also available.
- B.S. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- If you have a GPA between 2.85 and 2.99, you may be accepted and will have to achieve a 3.0 GPA in your first 12 graduate credits to continue in the M.S. program.
- If you have a GPA below 2.85, you must take the GRE and earn a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative reasoning tests. You will need to achieve a score of 4.0 out of 6.0 on the analytical writing section. If you meet the GRE requirement, you may be accepted and will be required to achieve a 3.0 GPA in your first 12 credits to continue in the program.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic uses of instructional technology at the beginning of the program. If you do not have requisite skills, program faculty will work with you to determine appropriate prerequisite courses to address the deficits. This is done on an individual basis.
- Initial/provisional or permanent/professional New York state certification in any teaching area.
- Achieve a passing score on the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE) Content Specialty Test (CST) for the area of your initial certification.
A global, private institution of higher education, NYIT has 13,000 students on campuses in North America, China, the Middle East, and online.
Since 1955, NYIT has pursued its mission to:
- Provide career-oriented professional education
- Give all qualified students access to opportunity
- Support applications-oriented research that benefits the larger world
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.