- Locations: Dubai Academic City
- Duration: 1-5 Years
- Timings Part Time, 6-10 pm
Why study the Accredited BUiD MBA?
In todays rapidly changing business environment more and more employers and employees recognise MBA as a programme of study that provides competency in all the major functional management areas of an organisation. The BUiD MBA is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the University creates the British model of higher education with the support of UK Universities such as University of Manchester, Reading, Edinburgh, and Cardiff. The BUiD MBA is designed to incorporate and reflect on International best practices in MBA delivery and is based on the best methods for business education founded upon critical enquiry and challenge. The BUiD MBA is taught by expert resident professorial staff that provides rigorous tutorial direction. BUiD has a strong reputation of strong and relevant support for post-graduate academic success and the best library and learning materials in DIAC, making the BUiD MBA programme one of the most competitive programmes on offer in Dubai. The programme provides an opportunity for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, intellectual and practical skills, aspects of competence and other attributes in the areas described below.
1. Comprehensive, highly specialised knowledge of leadership and general management and the interface between different fields of management, including frontier concepts and recent developments.
2. Critical awareness and advanced knowledge of issues, as the basis for original thinking in business management; encompassing appropriate processes of enquiry and current processes of knowledge production. 3. Detailed body of knowledge of recent developments in business management, e.g. stakeholders’ management, work context and sustainability.
4. Skills to develop new knowledge and procedures and to integrate knowledge from different fields using highly developed cognitive and creative skills and intellectual independence to the field of business management.
5. Advanced problem-solving skills to analyse highly complex issues with incomplete data and develop innovative solutions and proposals relevant to business management, e.g. communication and information technology skills. 6. Planning skills to develop and execute a major project or comparable activities (that includes a significant range of variable and complexity) with appropriately selected research methodologies producing sound conclusions.
Autonomy and responsibility
7. Can account for high level governance of processes and systems.
8. Can understand global issues, analyse and reflect on socio-cultural norms and relationships and act to build and transform them.
Role in context
9. Can contribute to the transformation of organisations through strategic leadership, intellectual rigour and professional ethical values.
10. Can apply well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and to interact with groups and individuals at all levels.
11. Can self-assess and plan self development and take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge and practice including unfamiliar learning contexts.
12. Can consistently and sensitively manage highly complex ethical issues leading to informed, fair and valid decisions.
About The British University in Dubai
The British University in Dubai (BUiD), was established in 2004 and is the Middle East region's first, research based, postgraduate university. BUiD offers a unique opportunity for higher education. As one of the region's most innovative institutions, BUiD sets the standards for study and research that will significantly contribute to the technological innovation and growth of the Arab world and beyond.
The Best of British Education in Dubai
BUiD was established to facilitate access to world class education, training and research in the Middle East. At BUiD's recent first anniversary celebrations HE, Richard Makepeace, the British Ambassador to the UAE commented that BUiD was "one of the most exciting developments in UAE/UK relations we have seen for many years".
Working in partnership with leading UK universities BUiD offers cutting edge education and research in key disciplines. BUiD aspires to the highest, internationally recognized British standards and provisions as reflected in its partnerships with the University of Edinburgh, the University of Manchester, the Cardiff University.
All BUiD Masters programmes have accreditation eligibility from UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
BUiD is located in Dubai International Academic City, Dubai.