Course detailsCourse Overview
The purpose of this program is to explore some of the development possibilities of the links between youth work and contemporary economic change. We will describe the skills needed to promote self employment among young women and young men, including the principles of setting up micro enterprises. We will explore how aspects of informal education can help young people to develop enterprise skills and undertake enterprise projects.
In this program, we focuses on the nature of current economic development and its relationship to enterprise activity. Other sessions concentrate on practical guidelines and exercises to develop enterprise skills. While one session of this program takes the form of a training program that you will be able to deliver to enterprising youth in your community.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Identify the different factors that shape and influence current economic development, particularly at a local level.
- Use experiential learning strategies to develop youth enterprise skills, with the aim of promoting local economic development.
- Support young women and young men in setting up small business projects.
- Contribute entrepreneurial expertise in the development of local economic strategies.
- Devise and deliver programs of informal education for young people to acquire enterprise skills.
- Mentors of business incubators and accelerators.
- Professionals responsible for the development of economic strategies.
- Youth Program coordinators.
- Young leaders.
- Youth workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs.
- Understanding Economic Development
- Opportunities in the global market
- Unleashing entrepreneurship
- Economic development in rural areas
- Youth enterprise
- Small and informal enterprises
- Training entrepreneurs
- Government policies and support
- Changing role of government and NGOs
- Youth and enterprise
- What is youth enterprise?
- Barriers to enterprise
- Being creative
- The enterprise development cycle
- Setting up a small business
- Setting up a small business: The training program
- Starting out
- Preparing the ground
- Accounting practice
- The business model
- Planning a micro-enterprise
- Planning an enterprise
- Planning for micro and informal enterprises
- Informal learning
- Opportunities for young people
Job roles this course is suitable for:Youth Enterprise Mentorship , Small and Medium Enterprise Project Management , Economic Development Planning. , Entrepreneurship Skills Development Senior Advisor , Coordinator: Student Entrepreneurship , Entrepreneurship and Innovation Specialist , Youth Program Coordinator , Manager , Student Services and Engagement , Manager , Student Programs and Operations , Economic Expert
About Matsh Youth Development
Matsh is a Youth Development enterprise aims to provide developmental services and programs for young people. The main objective of Matsh is to professionalize youth work in the Middle East and North Africa region by providing Youth Development and Youth Work capacity building programs for youth workers, formulating code of ethics and standards for youth work sector in MENA region, providing policy and strategy development and management consultancy for youth development institutions.See all Matsh Youth Development courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.