THE COUTURE SECRET FOR A FLAWLESS FOUNDATION
with Model Milliner Dillon Wallwork
Learn to handle, block and manipulate this fabric to achieve hats of Haute Couture standard.
Sparterie, also known as Willow or Esparterie is the traditional couture foundation used in millinery.
Up until recently it was thought to have been a very rare comodity and virtually "extinct", with only a few Model Milliners in the world still processing the knowledge of how to work this wonderful foundation material.
Now available once more, under Dillon Wallorks guidance you can discover how to sculpt and mould it to create hats with a crisp and polished look.
Students will be taught the processes of how to
- block sparterie by hand and on a block
- iron it and stitch it to create a light but firm foundation.
- Learn how to achieve a "skin join" to create a strong, faultless smooth seam.
- To extend forms and re-inforce shapes to make your own blocks too.
- You will also then learn how to cover the foundation in fabric of your choice to create a couture headpiece to be proud of.
Eligibility / Requirements
- For intermediate to advanced Milliners
- advanced sewing skills
About Lina Stein International School of Millinery
We support the awareness of hats and encourage the tradition of Couture Millinery through holding classes and workshops in Ireland and around the world.
By sharing the time honoured skills involved in the art of millinery and highlighting the importance of quality and finish we hope to promote Couture Millinery in Ireland.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.