The Level 2 Award in HACCP for Catering is a qualification aimed at caterers and other food handlers. The course is intended for candidates already working in catering and those who are preparing to work in the industry. The course will be especially useful for those involved in maintaining HACCP in a catering environment, and for those who are or will be part of a HACCP team.
- There are no prerequisites for this qualification, however, it is advised that learners already hold the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering or equivalent.
- It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
- This qualification is approved for delivery to those aged 16 and over.
- This qualification is made up of one unit, the details of which are included at the end of this document.
- Learners must successfully complete the assessment for the unit to achieve the qualification.
- The qualification can be taken as a free standing qualification or as part of a wider programme of training.
This qualification is assessed through a 30-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 1 hour.
Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30.
Following the assessment, a list of results will be provided to the Centre Contacts stating whether learners have passed or failed. Certificates for successful learners will be dispatched for distribution by the Centre Contacts.
Progression and further learning routes include:
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
- Level 3 in HACCP for Catering
Who we are?
Founded in the vibrant and bustling emirate of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, Valpas has established itself as one of the most progressive and trusted consultants of occupational health and safety courses and certifications in the region.
We have a strong commercial focus, but treat everyone with whom we deal with with respect, trust and honesty, because we believe that all business is about people.
Our safety training professionals and consultants are among the best in their fields who continually strive to provide the highest quality service and commitment in ensuring that health and safety standards are met.
Valpas is an accredited center by the following internationally recognized professional awarding bodies, coming from the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the United States.
- Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services
- Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- National Fire Protection Association
- Occupational Health Safety Management Systems (OHSAS)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
We offer safety consultancy to various corporate establishments that would enable businesses to greatly enhance the safety of their work environment.
Valpas is your one-stop shop when it comes to all your safety needs.