- Price QAR 6,545
- Payment Terms Enquire
- Duration 2 Days
- Starting Date Enquire About It
- Timings 8:30 AM - 4:30 AM
- Locations Downtown Dubai, Tourist Club Area...+2 more
An agreement on a common VAT framework to be implemented across the GCC states is expected on 1 January 2018. In anticipation of the issuance of the final legislation, our 'Preparation for VAT' Series will help you begin to prepare for this change. The programme is designed to cover the principles of VAT, and its impact on individuals and businesses in the GCC. It demonstrates how VAT works and who is likely to be affected by its implementation throughout the GCC.
This course will help you understand :
- The mechanics of VAT calculations and VAT accounting
- What is Output and Input VAT?
- The applicable rates of VAT (standard, zero) and which goods and services are taxable
- Exempt goods and services, and the implications of being an exempt business
- Partial exemption rules for businesses making both taxable and exempt supplies
- VAT treatment of import and export, acquisitions of services from non-residents, intra-GCC supplies, and the determination of the "place of supply" of goods and services
- The commercial implications of VAT on businesses
- Resource requirements: human, technical and professional
This course is suitable for anyone who ispreparing for the transformation of their business as VAT is introduced throughout the GCC region. Account staff, finance managers, business owners or anyone involved in implementation for VAT will benefit from this course.
How will I benefit from taking this course/what career paths will be open to me?
Using practical examples and case studies, this course enhances the understanding of the mechanics of VAT calculations and who should register for VAT, the goods and services VAT is likely to be taxable on and the VAT treatment applicable to different types of supplies.
E-learning modules are available to introduce the essential VAT concepts for newcomers to VAT, or as a refresher for those who have past experience in this area.
PwC Academy is the educational business of the global organisation PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). Our goal is to give people greater knowledge, competence and expertise in finance and business. Our foundation is our team of expert professionals, who convey their wealth of knowledge and the practical experience they have gained within leading organisations around the world.
We offer a variety of training courses covering professional qualifications, financial competencies, and management skills. The courses are based on both the individual experiences of our experts and the best practices of PwC Global. We constantly adapt our courses to meet the needs of modern business and tailor them to our client’s requirements. PwC’s Academies in the Middle East are part of PwC’s growing network of Academies which are present in over 30 countries worldwide. Through the network of PwC’s Academies we continually exchange best practices and successful methodologies to ensure that we are consistently providing industry leading training programmes.See all PwC's Academy courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.