Introduction to Educational Psychology CertificateEducational psychology is essentially the study of how individuals learn. Once primarily focussed on the development of children from infancy through to adolescence, the discipline has expanded over time to also include the adult learning process and this course will take you by the hand and guide you through all of the relevant concepts. The field of educational psychology looks at the process by which humans learn and store knowledge, especially in educational settings and takes into account the emotional, social and cognitive factors involved. Although educational psychologists can use a wide variety of theoretical perspectives to evaluate problems within educational settings, there are 5 perspectives that are commonly relied upon. These are the behavioural, developmental, cognitive, social cognitive and constructivist perspectives. This course will introduce you to all the relevant facts and details connected with the field of educational psychology. It will also help you to apply this discipline in typical scenarios in our modern world and help you to better understand why there are calls for such professionals within the workplace and educational settings.
What you will learn in this introduction to course
- An overview of educational psychology
- The history of educational psychology and the key figures that have contributed to this branch
- A detailed look at the field of behavioural psychology
- Investigating the 5 perspectives that are most associated with the field of educational psychology
- A look at cognitive psychology
- Gaining an understanding of Schema Theory
- A look at developmental psychology and how it relates to educational psychology
- The theories of Sigmund Freud and Jean Piaget
- A look at the concept of nature versus nurture
- Introduction to the concept of Constructivism
- Introduction to the concept of Motivation
- An explanation of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation
- Gain a good overview of the learning disability of dyslexia ADHD in good detail
- A look at other learning disabilities that an educational psychologist is likely to deal with during their career
- Applying educational psychology to teaching
- How this course work can be applied to a career in psychology
Benefits of the course
- Learn about the dynamic field of educational psychology
- Activities and quizzes throughout each module to check your knowledge
- Easy to follow course material
- Learn about the theories and practices connected with educational psychology and their real-world applications
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
Job roles this course is suitable for:Introduction to Educational Psychology Certificate
About New Skills Academy
In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online course availability. The name behind that vision was New Skills Academy.
When it comes to online schools, there are plenty, but at New Skills Academy we distinguish ourselves amongst the competition with our dedication to your long-term goals. If you are entering a job market for the first time, or seeking a new career, we will provide you with the fast and efficient online support you need to make your dreams a reality.
Our expertly designed courses, detailed lesson plans and student testimonials all attest to the fact that we take great pride in our course offerings and provide only the best for our students. Often, people dream of pursuing a degree or certification but never find the time to follow through. We know life gets busy, which is why our customers can take our courses online from anywhere while still working. Students can access our courses from a PC, mobile phone or tablet; this means you can learn anywhere you go.
Our students’ reputation matters, which is why all of our online courses have been reviewed and certified in partnership with qualified industry experts. For added security and peace of mind, all of our courses have been approved by CPD.