Course detailsCourse Overview
In this program, you will explore current uses of technology by youth and how that engagement influences their own development and the world around them. You will also identify the opportunities and dangers that are associated with new technologies. Participants will demonstrate how new technologies can be designed and incorporated into youth programming to promote positive youth development.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Explain how the type and extent of youth usage of technology affects tier development.
- Identify the risks and benefits of technology to youth programs and create a plan for technology use in their programs.
- Describe the various models that are used to structure technology-based interventions for youth.
- Apply one of these models to a practical situation in a youth-relevant setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to design an activity or intervention that incorporates technology to promote positive youth development.
- Youth workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs.
- Young leaders.
- Student activities coordinators.
- School and University teachers.
- Overviews of Youth and Technology
- App generation review
- Youth and Adolescent Ownership and Use of New Media
- The Impact of Social Media on Youth, Adolescents, and Families
- A Silicon Valley School That Doesn't Compute!
- Models of Integrating Technology into Youth Settings
- The Use of Technology to Promote the Multicultural Development of Youth
- Internet use and developmental tasks
- Positive Technology Development
- The Potential of Games for Learning
- Technology in Youth Programs
- E Mentoring
- Digital Media
- Using Technology to Promote Positive Youth Development
- Youth-Driven Social Media Campaign to Promote STI and HIV Testing Among Adolescents
- Adaptive Game for Reducing Aggressive Behavior
- Text-Messaging Interventions to Promote Healthy Behaviors in Adolescents
- The Dangers and Policies around Technology Use
- Use of Electronic Devices and Social Media in Youth Camps
- Understanding the Role of Technology in Adolescent Dating and Dating Violence
- The Multiple Dimensions of Video Game Effects on Youth
- Social media use in adult-youth relationships
- How Clear Missions Guide Electronic Technology Policies
Job roles this course is suitable for:Digital Event Management , Utilize new technologies in youth and student activities and... , Student Activities Coordinator , Manager , Student Services and Engagement , Manager , Student Programs and Operations , Community Liaison Manager , Aboriginal Students , YOUTH SERVICES OFFICER , Youth Program Coordinator , Leading Teacher DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM , Education Coordinator
About Matsh Youth Development
Matsh is a Youth Development enterprise aims to provide developmental services and programs for young people. The main objective of Matsh is to professionalize youth work in the Middle East and North Africa region by providing Youth Development and Youth Work capacity building programs for youth workers, formulating code of ethics and standards for youth work sector in MENA region, providing policy and strategy development and management consultancy for youth development institutions.See all Matsh Youth Development courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.