About the Certificate
Participants will investigate what is ML, what constitutes a risk-based approach in dealing with ML, and the relevant policies and procedures that may be adopted by a financial institution as part of a coherent AML Strategy. In addition, participants will be provided with an overall assessment of international economic sanctions and how these are a valuable tool in combating ML. The Certificate also offers participants, a practical perspective of how AML attempts have been formally incorporated and have led to the creation of legal frameworks that aim to prevent ML practices. The knowledge obtained by undertaking this Certificate is an invaluable asset for professionals that seek to enhance their career prospects in AML that is becoming an increasingly significant issue for financial institutions.
- Money laundering methods, techniques, red flags, key risk areas, and compliance best practices & checklists
- KYC and CDD: Beneficial ownership, money laundering risks in gatekeeper roles, politically exposed persons, and much more
- Economic Sanctions and relevant frameworks
- Vulnerabilities of Financial Institutions
- Legal Framework for AML - A practical perspective
- Case Studies and analysis
- Identify ML-related risks and dangers that need to be dealt with through a rigid AML strategy
- Understand ML risk assessment and management and learn how to design a comprehensive AML risk-based approach
- Review the relevant processes and procedures that need to be adopted as part of an AML strategy
- Gain a practical perspective through a review of the relevant legal framework that covers AML
- Understand the importance of sanctions and how these can be utilized as a tool to combat ML
Individuals who aspire for a career in AML, staff with specific anti-money laundering duties, and staff working in financial services who want comprehensive training in AML.
No previous knowledge or experience is required although it is assumed that participants have good knowledge of English and sound educational background.
- Register at any time
- Study in your own time and at your own pace (you have up to 3 months to complete the Certificate)
- Assessed by an online multiple-choice exam
- 15 hours of self-paced online interactive learning including analysis of 5 practical case studies
- 1-year free IGCA membership
- Online Exam and IGCA Certificate
- Success in all the unit tests. Each unit is allocated two, three, or four Multiple Choice questions (MCQs). In total 33 MCQs with a pass mark of 70% and an unlimited number of attempts. Each unit test is 10 minutes.
- Success in the final test of 40 MCQs for the completion and award of the Certificate in Anti Money Laundering, issued by the International Governance and Compliance Association (IGCA). The pass mark is 70% and two attempts are permitted. The final test is 60 minutes.
This program has been developed by the European Institute of Management and Finance (EIMF), an EU recognized training institution.
The syllabus is verified by external subject matter experts and may be accredited by financial regulators such as CySEC, and general financial training accreditation bodies, such as CISI and ACAMS, for 15 CPD Units.Updated on 25 February, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
Individuals who aspire for a career in AML, staff with specific anti money laundering duties and staff working in financial services who want a comprehensive training in AML.
No previous knowledge or experience is required although it is assumed that participants have good knowledge of English and a sound education background.
About European Institute of Management and Finance (EIMF)
The European Institute of Management and Finance (EIMF) is the leading provider of Executive Education in the Financial and Professional Services Sectors, offering professional qualifications and standalone courses on subjects covering risk and compliance, technical and operational matters, as well as managerial and director’s education.
EIMF assists individuals to reach their goals by enhancing their professional skills in an ever more dynamic business world.
The EIMF boasts the largest number of experts in the region, covering all training needs in this changing economic environment that govern Banks, Investment Firms, Insurance, Funds, Fund Managers, Legal, Fiduciary, Accounting, Maritime, and other professional service providers.
We draw on our strong team of affiliate institutions, as well as expert trainers who are amongst the most experienced and renowned specialists in their fields, to create current, innovative and specialised professional training courses that reflect our passion for excellence and service.
EIMF is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI), the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), the ICAEW, the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Professionals (ACAMS), the Global Academy of Finance and Management (GAFM), the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), and by EXIN ICT.