For experienced accountants working in the oil and gas industry wishing to gain deeper knowledge of the application of IFRS in the oil and gas industry.
Participants will be given technical support and guidance on:
- Reviewing the principles of successful efforts of accounting
- Dealing with preâ€‘licence expenditures
- Appraisal expenditures, impairment and reserves
- Development lease accounting
- Development expenditures, unitisations, risk sharing arrangements
- Development business combinations, decommissioning, impairments
- Production expenditures, revenue, DD&A
- Closure decommissioning
- The Carbon Footprint – emissions trading schemes
- Hedging your Bets – financial instruments within E&P
- Key differences between IFRS and US GAAP
Participants will leave this course equipped to prepare, review and analyse the financial records of an oil and gas company; with an understanding of the financial reporting standards and regulation applicable to entities in the industry.
About PWC Academy Lebanon
PwC’s Academy is the educational business of PwC. Their goal is to help improve the knowledge, skills, competence and expertise of people in finance and business; to help organisations across the region grow and retain their talent. Their foundation is Their team of expert professionals who convey their Theyalth of knowledge and the practical experience they have gained within leading organisations around the world.See all PWC Academy Lebanon courses