- Price TBA
- Duration TBA
- Location Lebanon
The ICBRR, administered and issued by the Global Association for Risk Professionals (GARP) – has received international recognition over the past years in light of the role it played in nurturing the skillsof risk professionals and in promoting awareness to the rising risk factors and regulatory requirements in the banking industry in general. By focusing on the practices for managing the risks facing the banking industry in particular, the certificate tackles a matter of growing importance in global financial markets. The repercussions of the financial crisis turned the attention of banks around the globe to solidifying their risk management systems and practices and complying with the banking regulations amended in response to the crisis. A key pillar of banks’ ability to institute such risk management culture and practices resides in educating and upgrading the knowledge of their managers and risk professionals on such matters.
The ICBRR thus delivers a deep, qualitative understanding of risk management methodologies, governance structures for the management of risk in banks, and the regulatory principles outlined by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. Successful candidates will be better prepared to recognize potential problems associated with risk assessment, mitigation and management specific to the banking industry.
Banks are urged to raise the awareness of their managers to the risk management challenges and mechanisms and the emerging regulatory frameworks as to enable them to apply the best practices within their corporations. The International Certificate in Banking Risk and Regulation is designed for individuals to develop their knowledge and understanding of the various risks, regulations and supervisory requirements a bank must face in today's environment. It focuses on the measurement and management of key risks, Basel II requirements and capital adequacy considerations. The ICBRR is a practice-orientated certificate developed and administered by the Global Association for Risk Professionals (GARP).
- Candidates will build the ability to recognize banking risks, identify issues at an early stage and help prevent potential problems from arising.
- They will be able to find effective solutions to risk issues and thus provide better results for the bank.
- Participants will demonstrate an understanding of the risks in banking and the need for banking regulation, the relationship between risk and minimum capital requirements, and the risk-based regulatory framework.
- They will develop an understanding of the methods for the measurement and management of traded market risk and the regulatory requirements for managing market risk and establishing minimum capital requirements.
- They will be provided with the requirements for the measurement and management of treasury risk in banking in particular liquidity risk and interest rate risk in the banking book, and the ways in which the treasury function should ensure that minimum capital requirements are maintained.
- They will be exposed to the methods for the measurement and management of credit risk and operational risk and the regulation of minimum capital requirements.
- They will build an understanding of the requirement for the supervision of banks and the disclosure of market information.
- Participants will demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of risk management methodologies, governance structures for the management of risk in banks, and the regulatory requirements provided by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision.
The ICBRR exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 170 minutes. An additional 5 minutes will be provided to the candidates to review a separate Non-Disclosure Agreement prior to taking the exam. A candidate needs to answer 54 questions correctly in order to pass. The examination will be given in electronic form.
Questions will be presented randomly and not by category, e.g. Market Risk, Credit Risk, as the candidate is expected to be able to address risk-related issues in a comprehensive way.
Examination results will be provided immediately upon completion of the examination by touching the results button on the computer.
The exam is developed and administered by the Global Association for Risk Professionals (GARP).
The program is designed to be delivered to middle and senior managers at the Bank (Branch managers and other deputies) with the aim of fostering their skills and knowledge in areas and issues they are exposed to in their course of work. The target candidates could include, among others:
- Middle Level Managers in:
- Risk Department: Risk Analysts and Professionals (Market, Credit, and Operational), Chief Risk Officers
- Retail/ Personal Banking
- Wholesale Banking
- Treasury and Investment
- Branch Managers
- Investment Analysts / Professionals
- Compliance Officer