- Duration: 3 Days
Students will develop skills with the Tivoli Endpoint Manager platform including deployment planning, licensing, installation, configuration, console usage, reporting, troubleshooting, and common use case considerations.
- Overview and console navigation
- Product usage and functionality
- Platform architecture and component detail
- Reporting tools
- Special use cases
- Asset Discovery and Inventory Management
- Troubleshooting concepts
- Participate in deployment planning efforts including requirements gathering, architecture definition, and integration
- Describe typical product operational processes including content gathering and component post behaviors
- Maintain and tune IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager deployment infrastructure
- Manage IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager server, relays, and endpoints
- Troubleshoot IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager infrastructure based on common use cases
This intermediate course is for system administrators, services consultants, and support personnel who are responsible for deploying, maintaining, and supporting an IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager installation.
About New Horizons LebanonAs changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses