Course details"The basic mission of human resources will always be to acquire, develop, and retain talent; align the workforce with the business; and be an excellent contributor to the business." - Edward L. Gubman, Journal of Business Strategy.
This course describes the impact having an effective HR department has on the health of any organisation, regardless of its size, and the core skills, key functions, and responsibilities of Human Resource Management (HRM). This includes an in-depth study of a mainstream area of the HR remit - Organisational Development (OD), which is central to improving organisational performance through increasing process efficiency and improving interpersonal relations.
It is part of the role of HRM to stress the importance of, and implement a strategy for, staff development within an organisation, so that they may remain agile within their marketplace. The course explains this in detail, along with how to design effective training. You will also learn the various methodologies to set, track, and reach performance management goals for employees, which will in turn help a business to reach its objectives.
Successful companies are aware of the importance of the motivation and wellbeing of their employees. You will learn how a human resources department can go about advocating a company culture of nurturing employees and ensuring buy-in and job-satisfaction, and the massive impact this can have on organisational productivity. Wellbeing is not just about motivation however, as the Human Resources Course explains the importance of adhering to up-to-date practices and procedures regarding discrimination and equality in the work-place and during the recruitment process.
Student are guided through the recruitment process and how to succinctly advertise positions and ensure the best candidate is selected. Also covered are: the process of inducting a new recruit to the company and the importance of doing this, and what is involved in a contract of employment, the different contract types, and options for varying a contract.
Just as important as hiring the right people, is understanding why some employees leave and while others stay. The course discusses the reasons an employee may choose to cease employment and strategies that can be implemented to increase retention. Also covered are the reasons an organisation may wish to dismiss an employee and the processes to follow to ensure this is done fairly.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2 - What is Human Resource Management?
- Module 3 - Organisational Development
- Module 4 - Learning and Development
- Module 5 - Employee Engagement
- Module 6 - Performance Management
- Module 7 - Corporate Social Responsibility
- Module 8 - Equality and Diversity
- Module 9 - Recruitment and Selection
- Module 10 - Contracts of employment
- Module 11 - Staff Turnover and Retention
- Module 12 - Disciplinary procedures and dismissal
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs