This crucial HR in Practice course provides an excellent overview of human resources in practice. Its participative nature makes this an ideal opportunity for you to explore and exchange ideas and information with other participants.
This course can also be run in-house for a group of people in your organisation. Run as it features here, or tailored to suit your organisational needs.
Who is it for
Particularly beneficial if you're new to HR; or have no formal HR training, or you're contemplating a career move to HR. If time is a pressing factor for you, and you're in need of a good overview of HR, this is the right course for you.
By the end of the HR in Practice course, you'll be able to:
- review the contribution of good HR practice in achieving company objectives
- apply key principles and practices involved in recruitment and selection and employment law
- improve your overall performance and personal effectiveness in handling a range of HR issues.
The changing role and scope of HR
- how HR can add value
- organisational objectives to policies, procedures and practice
the UK legal context
- the contract of employment
- UK discrimination law
- how to avoid discrimination in the workplace
Recruitment and selection
- a systematic approach
- selection methods
- definitions and purpose
- managing different types of performance
Dismissal, varying contracts, redundancy
- keeping employees loyal and motivated
- employee commitment.
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses