- Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations 1st Floor Hachem Center, Electricity Str., Sed El Baoucherieh, Beirut, Lebanon
The warehouse is the corner stone of the supply chain operation. It ensures the proper flow of goods from suppliers to end customers and guarantees the availability of stock to satisfy demand.
Traditionally considered as the storage of goods for profit, warehousing has evolved over the years in a way that modern warehouses now fulfill multiple roles within the overall supply chain.
In order to properly manage their operations, state-of-the art warehouses all over the world have or are implementing a Warehouse Management System, an application that has become a must-have in your facilities. This course offers a detailed overview of these systems used to run and operate efficient warehouses.
We review in detail the functionalities and technologies of a typical and Best-of-Breed WMS as well as the best practices in implementation of such solutions. The course also takes a close look at available vendors, the criteria of failure and success as well as the calculation of ROI for a WMS.
Who Should Take it
This course is directed to Supply Chain Managers and Warehouse Managers with minimal to average knowledge of warehouse management systems. The information presented proved very beneficial to Operations Managers, as well as for the IT Managers of the company involved in the implementation of Warehouse Management Solutions.
Audience who has completed the course will:
- Have necessary knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Be familiar with most of the terminologies and technologies used by warehouse management systems
- Be familiar with the basic and extended functionalities of warehouse management systems
- Be able to calculate ROI from implementing warehouse management systems
- Be able to evaluate and select the most suitable warehouse management system for their business
- The course is presented in the form of a power point presentation.
- The course includes a hands-on workshop working with a best of breed warehouse management system.
- The course includes a Q&A session and some evaluation quizzes
- What is a WMS
- Evolution of WMS Software
- Basic WMS Modules
- Extended WMS Modules (most not in ERP)
- Interactive Workshop
- WMS Benefits
- WMS Implementation Costs
- WMS ROI
- WMS Implementation Best Practices
- WMS Implementation Worst Practices
- Product & Vendor Selection Methodology
- WMS Solutions and Vendors
- ERP WMS versus Best of Breed
- Case studies
they are a leading provider of supply chain services whose customers and partners are geographically spread across the globe. With offices in Dubai, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Singapore and Beirut, they offer a wide range of services and are recognized in the market by their proven track record of successful projects. When working with us, you are working with an expert team of operational and technical consultants, highly knowledgeable in the supply chain and logistics domain.
their services range from consulting and training to recruitment, solution development, implementation, systems integration and systems support. By partnering with leading multinational providers, they ensure that ytheir requirements are always met and then exceeded by applying the best practices in the field. their aim is to build and maintain a strong relationship with their customers based on trust, honesty and integrity.
their pledge to you is that their primary objective will always be to minimize ytheir logistics costs, increase ytheir visibility and control over ytheir supply network and maximize the productivity and efficiency of ytheir human restheirces. At SNS, their people set us apart and hence are their most valuable assets. They are selected from the most prestigious universities in the region after a careful and thorough screening process. To secure their guarantee of offering you only the best, they constantly invest in their associates by providing them with regular trainings, coaching programs and exposure to a large variety of challenging projects.See all SNS Lebanon courses