- Duration / Course length: 25 Hours
- Starting Date: Enquire About It
This course aims to help learners with little or no English. It introduces you to the language needed so you can begin to communicate at a Beginner's level. When you have finished this course you should be able to:
- Understand and use everyday expressions and basic phrases.
- Introduce yourself and talk to others.
- Ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, people you know and things you like or have.
- Hold simple conversations with others.
Pre-Intermediate ( A2)
This is part of the beginner's course. When you have finished this level you should be able to:
- Understand sentences and frequently used everyday expressions, for example, basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment etc.
- Speak clearly about simple and routine tasks and give and exchange information on familiar and everyday matters.
- Talk about yourself in simple terms on aspects of your background, things going on around you and things you want or need.
This level will develop your skills as a learner to help you communicate more. During this course you should become a more independent learner. When you have finished this level you should be able to:
- Understand better what is going on (in English) in your work, school, leisure, etc.
- Deal with most everyday situations in English.
- Speak in sentences on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
This is the second level of being a more Independent learner. By the end of this level, learners can do the following:
- Understand the main ideas of more complex texts and writings, including technical discussions in your work.
- Talk fluently and clearly with English speakers.
- Write clearly on a wide range of subjects and explain your viewpoint.
About International House Cairo
IH Cairo ILI is part of the International House Worldwide Organization (IHWO), which now has 150 schools worldwide. Established in 1975, we are now an official IHWO specialized Arabic language school. Since opening IH Cairo's doors in 1975, we have had thousands of international students learn with us every year.
We are accredited by two big organizations:
1- International House world organization (IHWO):
It is one of the largest and oldest groups of language schools in the world, founded in 1953. They have a global network of over 150 affiliated private language schools in 52 countries, spanning every continent. Schools affiliate to International House to prove their dedication to quality teaching, facilities and student care.
2- Eaquals Organization:
It is an association of providers of language services with members in 22 different countries. It offers a widely accepted international quality accreditation scheme, and grants its quality label to institutions that meet its high standards in regular and rigorous inspections. Eaquals ensure, by their accreditation, effective teaching, clearly defined curriculum, and learning objectives and assessment are based upon the levels and principles of the common European framework. They also ensure that teachers are well qualified and well trained, and have access to external teaching resources. For more information visitwww.eaquals.org
We have spent 40 years educating and taking care of students and focused on developing and refining our teaching methodology, textbook resources and overall service standard. Our history and experience is what enables us to deliver the highest quality teaching, resources and services in a historical location.
So, become a part of our history and let us help shape your future.See all International House Cairo courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.