- Price AED 16,912
- Duration 5 Days
- Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
This course covers the construction, operation and controls of gas turbines giving participants the knowledge needed to operate, maintain and troubleshoot gas turbine systems. Participants will first learn about the gas turbine cycle and will then dive deeper into construction, operation and maintenance techniques.
Topics discussed will include the operation and maintenance of the air inlet and filtration system, the pulse cleaning system and the evaporative cooler. It will also include the various operations of the turbine control panel, the operator mode commands and the operation of the protection systems.
Participants will gain an understanding of all the different components of a turbine necessary for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of gas turbines.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the different stages involved in the operation of a gas turbine cycle
- Operate and maintain the air inlet, the filtration system, the pulse cleaning system and the evaporative cooler
- Demonstrate an understanding of the compressor section to include the rotor, variable guide vanes and compressor blading
- Use the relevant turbine control terms to operate and control protection systems
- Explain the construction and operation of the turbine section, including rotor, buckets, nozzles and bearings
- Outline the construction and operation of the liquid and gas fuel control systems, gas control valves and the lube oil system, essential to the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of a gas turbine
- Describe the construction and the theory behind operation of a generator, including the starting system, the turning gear, the commutated inverter and the cooling methods
As a division of Meirc, PLUS Specialty Training provides highly specialized, technical and industry-specific training courses using leading freelance subject matter experts, practitioners, and technical trainers.
- Public / open training courses are delivered in:
- 3 or 5 days
- English or Arabic
- Dubai or Abu Dhabi
- In-house / in-company courses are available in all topics, upon request
- Training courses are facilitated by leading freelance subject matter experts
- Due to the advanced nature of the topics delivered, trainers who are senior practitioners in their field are sourced, recruited, and contracted to share their relevant experience and expertise
- PLUS ensures that all trainers, content, and facilitation meet Meirc’s high and reputable standards of quality, reliability, and integrity
Petroleum Engineering Related Questions
I am a Biomedical Engineer by profession currently working in a medical equipments company as a S...
Unanswered //Jun 13, 2016 Engineering, Quality Engineering
Unanswered //Oct 9, 2016 Engineering