- Price AED 9,220
- Duration 2 days
- Timings 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Locations DIFC, Riyadh Financial Centre...+1 more
Why study this course at this institution?
Trainers – You will learn from the trainers how to understand the subject matter and put the topics into context. All of our trainers are experienced professionals and will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry.
Interactive – You can practice what you learn before applying it in the workplace, as all of our courses are designed to be highly interactive with no more than 16 participants. The discursive style of training encourages you to bring a level of confidence to future decisions and analysis.
Who is this course for?
This programme is designed for analysts who have limited or no experience in the analysis of financial statements for financial institutions. The workshop leads into the following intermediate level seminars: Intensive Bank Analysis, Emerging Market Bank Analysis and Non-Bank Financial Institutions.
What will I learn?
Specifically, participants will be equipped to:
- Distinguish the risks in the different business lines and products offered by financial institutions and recognise how they are reflected in the financial statements
- Understand the components of bank financial statements and key ratios used in bank analysis
- Recognise the impact of differing accounting standards and policies (e.g. provisioning, asset valuation, securitization etc.) on the financial statements
- Use the CAMELS framework (capital, asset quality, management, earnings, liquidity and sensitivity to market risk) and key ratios to make a preliminary assessment of the performance and financial health of a bank.
How will I benefit from taking this course?
A two-day workshop covering the basics of financial statement analysis for banks using the CAMELS framework. Designed for analysts with limited accounting background and/or new to the analysis of financial institutions.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Designed for analysts who have limited or no experience.
Fitch Learning is the global leader in financial education, providing end to end solutions for a wide range of technical training and exam based qualifications. We operate across the globe and have learning centres in London, Dubai, New York, and Singapore. We train the largest Investment Banks, Asset Managers and Global Banks. So whether you are an individual looking to enhance your career or a training professional looking for the optimum training partner Fitch Learning can help.See all Fitch Learning UK courses
Accounting, Finance and Banking Related Questions
I am currently working as Sr. Relationship officer - Liabilities with a reputed bank in UAE. I am...
Unanswered //Oct 10, 2016 Fraud and Laundering, Accounting, Finance and Banking