Course detailsDay 1
Logistics trends and practices
· Logistics overview
· Logistics, supply chain and the organization
· Strategic, tactical and operational elements of logistics
· Sustainable logistics
· Concepts in logistics
· Objectives of transport management
· Transportation modes and types
· Efficient and effective transportation
· Matching the strategic service level
· Considerations for international transportation
· Warehousing network design
· Configuration of warehousing space
· Value adding activities
Stockpiling, spot stocking and assortments
Cross docking, break bulking and consolidation
Mixing, postponement and assembly-to-order
· Warehouse activity profiling
· Warehousing cost calculation
· Sustainable warehousing practices
· Materials management scope
· Objectives of materials management
· Inventory types and classification
· Materials management challenges
· Material replenishment strategies
Logistics and performance management
· The SCOR framework
· Identifying high level SCOR metrics
· Customizing low level SCOR metrics
· Managing targets
· Initiative for performance improvement Updated on 26 July, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
There are no eligibility requirements to attend this course.
CONVERTAS is a reliable advisory firm, helping organizations develop their activities to align with their objectives adopting the best practices.
Our trainings and workshops cover all areas of business including Management,Soft Skills and Human Resourses Management, Marketing and Sales, Accounting and Finance, Procurement and Logistics, targeting organizations, managers and employees. Whether in-house or public, trainings are organized with the highest qualified trainers.
Our methodology relies more on the use of audio-visual impact which is more effective than the lecture style. Presentations, videos and simulations methods have proven to be very effective for people to remember.
Moreover, doing and teaching are the best vehicles for learning and remembering. This includes involving the trainee in the teaching process by interacting, through completing worksheets and inciting to explain and present what is acquired.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.