- Duration: 80 Hours
- Timings: Flexible
By successfully completing the examination one would receive the Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma, and would also be eligible for Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP) certification.
This course is offered in partnership with the United Federation of Travel Agents' Associations (UFTAA) and is endorsed by the Canadian Institute of Travel Counselors (CITC).
- Overview of the travel and tourism industry
- Requirements to become a travel agent
- Customer service principles
- Air transport products and services
- Airfares and ticketing
- Electronic booking tools
- Pre-packaged tour products
- Introduction to rail, land and water transport
Free of Cost Additional modules offered by Al-Khawarizmi exclusively for their IATA students:
- Soft Skills
- Computer Basics
- English Speaking
- Mock tests for ensuring additional preparation and ability to clear IATA exam in first attempt
Additional facilities offered by Al-Khawarizmi exclusively for their students:
- Job assistance after completion of the course
- Repetition of course / modules should the IATA exam not be cleared in first attempt
- Waiver of IATA exam fees for second attempt, if at all needed
- Transportation facility for classes at a minimal cost, within 10 kms radius of the College
- Certification of attendance issued by Al-Khawarizmi College, approved by Ministry irrespective of clearance of IATA exam, as we believe the journey of learning is as important as the clearance of the Exam. Job assistance would be offered at the end of attending the course as well
Open to all those that have completed High School and have good English communication skills. There is no entrance test.
How will I benefit from taking this course?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will acquire the listed skills:
- Provide excellent customer service and build customer loyalty
- Understand the various services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Plan and reserve travel itineraries using standard industry coding
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Book and sell travel products using Global Distribution Systems (GDS) such as Abacus, Amadeus, Galileo or Sabre
- Study the basics of the travel and tourism industry and understand what it takes to become a successful travel agent.
- Improve one's customer service and sales skills in order to better advise clients about when and where to travel based on their needs
- Learn how to provide the best flight, accommodation and tour options, and how to ensure clients fulfillment of all necessary travel requirements.
About Khawarizmi Training Solutions
The Continuing Education Center (CEC) at Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC) has been established since 1985 as a leading provider of training and development services for individuals and corporate groups in the UAE. The Continuing Education Center at KIC offers a wide range of courses in the fields of IT, Business and English Language. The training center has obtained partnerships with some of the most recognized training and testing organizations globally, such as Microsoft, Comptia, Adobe, Pearson Vue, Association of Business Practitioners (ABP), Project Management Institute (PMI), and King's English School, which is currently running a branch at KIC.
Over the years, we have managed to build one of the strongest training methodologies in the region, which focuses on developing trainees on an individual basis, and making sure trainees are able to apply the knowledge they learn in their professional lives. To achieve this, some of the most qualified instructors globally have joined us, and today they play an integral role in providing our trainees with one-on-one attention.See all Khawarizmi Training Solutions courses
- Understanding IATA DGR (Dangerous Goods Regulations) Trade-wings Institute of Management
USD 150Duration: 70 Hours