Course detailsDay 1
The strategic role of purchasing
· Purchasing terms and definitions
· Evolution of purchasing into a strategic function
· Purchasing relationships within the organization
· Purchasing process
· Ethical principles governing the purchasing function
Using an appropriate writing style
· Writing in an impersonal style
· Organizing paragraphs and sentences
· Writing applications
· Simple language
· Specific language
· Positive language
· Using active verbs
· Applying easy and effective grammatical rules
· Gunning fog index for writing complexity
Writing purchasing policies
· Purchasing policies: what are they and why do we need them?
· Guidelines for writing purchasing policies
· Purchasing policy scope
· Policy contents and exclusions
· Developing purchasing policies - practical application
Designing purchasing processes and procedures
· Defining processes and procedures
· Considerations in developing processes and procedures
· Process development
> Artistic processes
> Scientific processes
· Process hierarchy
> Abstract processes
> Strategic processes
> Operational processes
· Measuring and improving process performance
· Rules governing the use of flowchart symbols
· Mapping your processes using swim lane flowcharts
· Writing detailed procedures to support process maps
Developing service level agreements
· The role of SLAs
· Understanding departmental inter-dependencies
· Principles for developing SLAs that add real value
· Typical SLA table of contents
· Writing SLA practical applications
· Service level management
> Internal SLAs
> External SLAs
· Measuring the purchasing function performance against SLAs Updated on 07 March, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
There are no special eligibility requirements to attend this course.
CONVERTAS is a reliable advisory firm, helping organizations develop their activities to align with their objectives adopting the best practices.
Our trainings and workshops cover all areas of business including Management,Soft Skills and Human Resourses Management, Marketing and Sales, Accounting and Finance, Procurement and Logistics, targeting organizations, managers and employees. Whether in-house or public, trainings are organized with the highest qualified trainers.
Our methodology relies more on the use of audio-visual impact which is more effective than the lecture style. Presentations, videos and simulations methods have proven to be very effective for people to remember.
Moreover, doing and teaching are the best vehicles for learning and remembering. This includes involving the trainee in the teaching process by interacting, through completing worksheets and inciting to explain and present what is acquired.
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.