Don't you know that USA and Canada have spent billions of dollars to treat various mental health conditions?
Don't you know that 20% of Canadians will experience some form of mental illness in their lifetime?
Don't you know that suicide is one of the leading causes of death in the USA and Canada?
With these facts, first aid for mental health is crucial and necessary. While first aid is widely recognized and used for common physical problems, such as bleeding and choking, it is not well established and commonly used among psychological or mental disturbances.
In this lecture, Dr. Rayel introduces the CARE Approach as the first aid for mental health, and discusses the common mental health syndromes that people suffer from. Moreover, he explores and talks about some of the relaxation and coping strategies to prevent and to deal with beginning or worsening mental problems.
Topics include the following:
1. The CARE Approach as mental health first aid - This practical approach has both assessment and intervention prongs, and follows four basic yet crucial steps in dealing with depression, anxiety, anxiety attacks, and other mental problems.
2. Common Mental Health Syndromes - Depression, Mania or hypomania, panic attacks, anxiety, excessive drug or alcohol problem, phobia, psychosis, obsessions and compulsions, eating disorder, memory loss, grief, and emotional difficulties after a trauma are discussed.
3. Relaxation and Coping Mechanisms - Physiologic interventions discussed here include breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation, visualization, diversion, socialization, and sleep hygiene.
If you or someone you know, such as a friend or a relative, suffers from distressful psychological symptoms, this lecture is for you.Updated on 22 March, 2018
- Mental Health Awareness Certificate New Skills Academy
USD 299Duration: Upto 0.5 Hours
- Pathological Demand Avoidance Diploma Course centre of excellence
USD 194Duration: Upto 150 Hours