- Price USD 3,950
- Duration 5 Days
- Call +971 4 2753473
- Locations Knowledge Village
Business professionals need to understand the financial factors critical to business success. This interactive seminar will show how finance works in today’s fast-moving business environment. For any business the key elements of profitability, liquidity and financial structure are critical to continuing success and competitiveness. So these three elements are comprehensively explored and developed at all levels of business activity. You will learn about the accounting processes of recording and reporting business transactions and how these are summarised as periodic financial reports, in accordance with statutory requirements. You will also learn financial reports are analysed and by a variety of user groups.
The seminar also has an inward focus, and will explain why management accounting is essential to business survival, and success. It will show how budgeting can control costs and improve profitability. It will also explain and develop tools and techniques for evaluating proposed new investment projects. The seminar will enable you to understand the business from both a financial and strategic perspective, and how business decisions will impact on corporate profitability.
Highlights of the seminar:
- The strategic and operational role of the Finance Function
- The principles of accounting and financial reporting
- How to understand and analyse financial reports
- How management accounting helps to maintain control and improve efficiency
- How we can ensure that investment returns meet the stockholders expectations
Having completed this seminar you should be able to:
- Explain the nature and role of financial statements and their interpretation
- Use the language of accounting and finance to communicate effectively with financial professionals
- Review the financial performance and financial position of an organisation using the appropriate financial ratio and break-even analysis techniques
- Use budgetary control to compare actual against planned performance and to identify corrective actions
- Evaluate investment projects using DCF and other appraisal methods
- Appreciate the important role of strategic accounting in business performance improvement
This interactive seminar will comprise a range of learning activities, including tutor presentations, with question and answer opportunities, demonstration and practice of analytical techniques, group exercises and discussions, using case studies and current company and market information sources. Whilst the theoretical background to financial management will be explained and justified, the main emphasis will be on putting these into a real world context by providing a practical ‘toolkit’ of financial techniques.
What will your organisation gain from sending employees to attend this seminar?
- Greater awareness of the role of accounting and finance
- Ability to understand the structure of accounting systems, and financial reports
- Ability to make more effective and better informed contributions to financial discussions
- Ability to use tools and techniques for financial control and financial management
- Greater understanding of the key drivers which ensure sustainable growth and competitiveness
- Awareness of how business risks can be identified, analysed, and managed
Participants will be able to further develop their personal management skills by being:
- More knowledgeable about accounting and finance systems, and the meaning of financial reports
- Better informed financially, to enable improved management decision-making.
- Better able to contribute to financial discussion, and communicate in financial language
- Better able to contribute to the effective financial management of their organisation.
- Able to evaluate alternative courses of action and identify the most effective choices with regard to the future improvement of their organisation.
- Able to liaise more effectively with other departments on financial matters.
Who Should Attend?
- Sales and marketing executives
- Supply-stream professionals
- Project professionals
- Internal auditors
- Any non-financial professionals who are required to read, interpret, and contribute to business financial reports
- Senior Professionals of manufacturing, marketing, engineering
- Human resources professionals,
- Executive professionals who are involved with development of long-term customers, suppliers, outsourcing partners, and other global strategic alliances.
- Consultants who work with professionals and executives, to support improvements to operational and financial processes.
GLOMACS is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Training and Consultancy Company, established to cater to the ever increasing needs of people & their performance in the corporate world. Since its inception, GLOMACS has successfully delivered wide range of courses combining public and in-house training programmes benefiting thousands. With its immense choice of consultants GLMACS, successfully covers and delivers courses in 4 continents spanning the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa and is on the growth scale to add more international and strategic locations.
GLOMACS has an outstanding record for deliverance and has successfully delivered over 2,600 courses aiding professional development for over 700 clients and with more than over 28,000 professionals, by the courses it has provided.
Vision & Mission
GLMACS vision is to promote and enhance competency through practical programmes and events that reflect the latest thinking.
Whereas, their mission is to contribute to the region's advancement and transformation to a knowledge-based society through the provision of programmes of the highest caliber, which directly address the current needs and demands of both individuals and industry.
They take pride in their ability to respond quickly to market needs and provide them with quality learning programmes that are dynamic, leading edge and up to date.
Vision and mission are based on a set of values to which all GLOMACS Associates adhere:
- Know our customers and strive to surpass their expectations.
- Keep customer satisfaction as the only viable measure of success.
- Be the innovators in our business, presenting new ideas in topic and format to our customers.
- Lead the development of training and consultancy in the Middle East through technology transfer.
- Bring vital expertise of the highest quality to develop the region’s skills and knowledge base.
- Support our vibrant economy by creating links in the wider knowledge economy.
- Maintain a work environment that enhances entrepreneurial spirit, work ethics and teamwork within GLOMACS