Achieving successful outcomes through effective facilitation has never been more important. You may need to run a meeting, a training course, solve a particular problem, gain consensus to a course of action, or mediate in conflict. Facilitation Skills is a two-day course that will help you to design and manage processes that will ensure successful outcomes and to gain the commitment of all those involved.
Run as it features here, or run in-house where the content can be tailored to suit your organisational needs; cost effective if a number of people require training
Who is it for
Facilitation Skills is recommended for facilitators, HR managers, line managers, consultants, learning and development professionals, and any others who will be working with groups to achieve change and improve effectiveness.
By the end of the Facilitation Skills course you will be able to:
- identify the key task for effective facilitation
- use facilitation skills to achieve optimum results
- confront and overcome difficult situations
- evaluate the outcomes of the facilitation process.
- What is successful facilitation?
- Thinking about tools and processes
- Practising facilitation
- Designing events
- Problem-solving exercise
- Practising active listening, clarifying, questioning, observing, giving feedback and managing time
- Tools and techniques
- Managing conflict
- Working with difficult people
- Evaluating facilitation
- Developing action plans Managing the wider organisation.
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses