- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
Students will learn essential programming skills and techniques required to develop Windows Store apps, including a combination of design and development skills and using Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
- Overview of the Windows 8 Platform and Windows Store Apps
- Creating User Interfaces using XAML
- Presenting Data
- Implementing Layout using Windows 8 Built-In Controls
- Handling Files in Windows Store Apps
- Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management
- Working with Resources, Styles, and Templates
- Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows Store App
- Implementing Windows 8 Contracts
- Implementing Tiles and User Notifications
- Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
- Responding to Mouse and Touch
- Planning for Windows Store App Deployment
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe review the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure by using XAML.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Handle files and streams.
- Respond to application lifecycle events using Process Lifetime Management and the PLM extensibility points provided by the Visual Studio 2012 templates.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1-2 years of experience creating client applications and who are comfortable programming in C# and have done some XAML-based programming.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses