- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
Students will learn essential programming skills and techniques required to develop Windows Store apps, including a combination of design and development skills and using Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
- Overview of the Windows 8 Platform and Windows Store Apps
- Creating User Interfaces using XAML
- Presenting Data
- Implementing Layout using Windows 8 Built-In Controls
- Handling Files in Windows Store Apps
- Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management
- Working with Resources, Styles, and Templates
- Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows Store App
- Implementing Windows 8 Contracts
- Implementing Tiles and User Notifications
- Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
- Responding to Mouse and Touch
- Planning for Windows Store App Deployment
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe review the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure by using XAML.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Handle files and streams.
- Respond to application lifecycle events using Process Lifetime Management and the PLM extensibility points provided by the Visual Studio 2012 templates.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1-2 years of experience creating client applications and who are comfortable programming in C# and have done some XAML-based programming.
The Cisco Learning Partner Conference in Montreal, Canada, New Horizons was awarded the Worldwide Acceleration and Transformation Partner of the Year Award.
“They are honored to be recognized for the strong partnership that They have had with Learning@Cisco this past year,” said Bryan Ochs, VP of Global Products and Programs. “They look forward to our continued collaboration to further innovate on Cisco learning products that enhance and transform the Cisco student learning experience for our New Horizon clients.”See all New Horizons Lebanon courses