- Locations: Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
- Duration: 5 Days
Students will learn essential programming skills and techniques required to develop Windows Store apps, including a combination of design and development skills and using Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
- Overview of the Windows 8 Platform and Windows Store Apps
- Creating User Interfaces using XAML
- Presenting Data
- Implementing Layout using Windows 8 Built-In Controls
- Handling Files in Windows Store Apps
- Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management
- Working with Resources, Styles, and Templates
- Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows Store App
- Implementing Windows 8 Contracts
- Implementing Tiles and User Notifications
- Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
- Responding to Mouse and Touch
- Planning for Windows Store App Deployment
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe review the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure by using XAML.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Handle files and streams.
- Respond to application lifecycle events using Process Lifetime Management and the PLM extensibility points provided by the Visual Studio 2012 templates.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1-2 years of experience creating client applications and who are comfortable programming in C# and have done some XAML-based programming.
About New Horizons Lebanon
As changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.