- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
Students will learn essential programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps, including design and development skills, and use of the Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
- Overview of the Windows 8 Platform and Windows Store Apps
- Single-Page Applications and the MVVM Design Pattern
- Using WinJS
- Implementing Layout using Windows 8 Built-In Controls
- Presenting Data
- Handling Files in Windows Store Apps
- Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management
- Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows Store App
- Implementing Windows 8 Contracts
- Implementing Tiles and User Notifications
- Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
- Responding to Mouse and Touch
- Planning for Windows Store App Deployment
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure.
- Apply the MVVM pattern to application design.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Handle files and streams.
- Design and implement Process Lifetime Management (PLM).
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Implement Semantic Zoom.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
The Cisco Learning Partner Conference in Montreal, Canada, New Horizons was awarded the Worldwide Acceleration and Transformation Partner of the Year Award.
“They are honored to be recognized for the strong partnership that They have had with Learning@Cisco this past year,” said Bryan Ochs, VP of Global Products and Programs. “They look forward to our continued collaboration to further innovate on Cisco learning products that enhance and transform the Cisco student learning experience for our New Horizon clients.”See all New Horizons Lebanon courses