- Locations: Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
- Duration: 5 Days
Students will learn essential programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps, including design and development skills, and use of the Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
- Overview of the Windows 8 Platform and Windows Store Apps
- Single-Page Applications and the MVVM Design Pattern
- Using WinJS
- Implementing Layout using Windows 8 Built-In Controls
- Presenting Data
- Handling Files in Windows Store Apps
- Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management
- Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows Store App
- Implementing Windows 8 Contracts
- Implementing Tiles and User Notifications
- Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
- Responding to Mouse and Touch
- Planning for Windows Store App Deployment
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure.
- Apply the MVVM pattern to application design.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Handle files and streams.
- Design and implement Process Lifetime Management (PLM).
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Implement Semantic Zoom.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
About New Horizons LebanonAs changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses