Essential Interviewing Skills will help you gain the specialist knowledge and practical skills to prepare for and undertake different types of interviews. The interactive role-plays and group discussions will help you use sound interviewing techniques to gather accurate information from any interview.
This course can also be run in-house for a group of people in your organisation. Run as it features here, or tailored to suit your organisational needs.
Who is it for
Essential Interviewing Skills is suitable for HR or line managers responsible for conducting interviews.
By the end of Essential Interviewing Skills, you will be able to:
- assess the purpose of different types of interview
- undertake structured preparation for different interview situations
- use sound interviewing techniques to gather accurate information, interpret information, and make decisions
- plan and conduct a range of interviews: selection, appraisal, counselling, disciplinary and exit
- listening, summarising, hit words
- questioning and probing
- non-verbal communication
- job descriptions and person specifications
- preparing interview structure and questions
- assessing evidence and decision-taking
- the investigation interview
- the disciplinary hearing
- return-to-work interviews
- helping employees with work and non-work related problems
- giving and receiving feedback.
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses