- Locations: Knowledge Village
- Duration: 2 Days
Develop your people skills to overcome resistance, and engage and motivate people to work with you towards your goals. If you need other people's willing co-operation to achieve your objectives, then this two-day course will give you the insights, tools, and techniques you need.
Run as it features here, or run in-house where the content can be tailored to suit your organisational needs; cost effective if a number of people require training.
Who is it for
The Essential Interpersonal Skills course is recommended for:
- managers and functional specialists with at least three years' work experience
- people whose roles are dependent on the co-operation of others
- people who have specific working relationships that need building or improving
- people who want to increase their repertoire of interpersonal strategies or who need to increase their ability to connect with a wide range of people at work.
By the end of the Essential Interpersonal Skills course you will be able to:
- create effective working relationships with people at all levels
- choose and use the most productive approach and behaviour to get the results you want
- get your message across in a way that gets heard, understood, accepted and acted upon
- motivate people to change their behaviour
- influence others to accept your proposals
- solve problems in your working relationships
- overcome colleagues' resistant behaviour.
Introductions and objectives
Heroes and villains
- real-life experience of working relationships
What are people skills?
What makes people tick?
- how people make sense of the world
- values-based behaviour
- understanding the impact we make on others and its consequences
Elements of effective working relationships
Relationship mapping and analysis
The value of listening, and barriers to good listening
Transactional analysis as a tool for people problem-solving
Review of Day 1
- a range of strategies from PUSH to PULL Influencing situations
- how to combine the strategies to get the results you want
- adapting language and behaviour to get results
- using activators and consequences
Reaching constructive outcomes
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses