- Locations: Knowledge Village
- Duration: 1 Day
This one-day workshop looks at coaching’s place and impact in the 21st century world of work. Within this context it considers: individual and organisational goals, challenges and constraints; latest findings from neuroscience and psychology; and, how coaching efficacy can be maintained and enhanced.
The workshop is a blend of input, group discussion, exercises and personal reflection that draw out practical learning and clear action points. It is supported by recommended pre-work and additional reference material for follow-up use.
Mr Nick Dowling
Nick Dowling is a founder and Director of Think Change Consulting which is at the forefront of using neuroscience to help people to flourish and organisations to succeed. Nick has extensive consulting and coaching experience across roles, sectors and countries. As a consultant and coach he combines an ability to build rapport, with insight and a strong background in organisational and personal change
Who is it for
This workshop will be of interest to: anyone with an interest in supporting personal change and development; active coaches who are looking to further develop their practice; those who commission or sponsor coaching. Please note that this course is not suitable for those without any prior knowledge of coaching.
By attending this programme participants will:
- Understand where coaching fits in the development landscape and define what an effective coaching process entails
- Explore the latest psychology and neuroscience and how this can be used to enhance coaching
- Take away a range of practical tools and techniques to use in their coaching practice.
The programme includes:
- Coaching context and process
- Psychology – what is new, what is useful?
- Neuroscience – a brief history, future trends, the most relevant findings
- Bringing it all together – how process, psychology and neuroscience can enhance coaching efficacy and success
- Reflection and action planning.
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses