Since the beginning of the web, there have been vast changes and variations in how media is disbursed and produced. At the forefront of this media evolution is social media - a participatory phenomenon that is no longer being used by the few but by the many, and should be considered an essential part of any businesses' digital marketing strategy. This training course will give you an undeistanding of the shifts in media that have been occurring; show the depth and breadth of social medio, some of the technologies behind it and what makes media 'social'; examine why it's important to understand this network economy; and how your business or brand can begin putting together a strategy for integrating it into areas such as marketing, product development and customer services
- Understand the depth and breadth of social medio and its drivers.
- Understand what makes a media social and how it differs from the broadcast media model.
- Analyze the importance of trust, honesty and transparency
- Understand social media demographics and how they relate to brand engagement.
- Discover how other businesses, organizations and brands are using social media.
- Understand how it can go wrong and how to react to problems when they arise.
- Understand and apply best practices, ethics and legislation relating to social media.
- Understand basic techniques and tools for benchmarking your social media presence.
- Understand and develop the first steps in creating a social media strategy for your business or brand.
- Discover some of the latest services and trends.
Social Media Overview
- Current marketpbee
- Trends and latest developments
- Basic principles behind using Social Medio
Principles of Social Media
- Reciprocity and Sharing of in formation
- Conversations through Social Media - hov/ to create a dialogue
- Driving word of mouth
- Cultivating relationships through Social Media
- Delivering trust
- Importance of honesty and integrity
Types of Social Media
- Communication forums - including blogs, discussion groups, micro-blogs
- Collaboration - including wikis, social bookmarking, social news
- Multi-media sharing - including photos, videos, audio sharing
- Reviews, comments and opinions across all sectors
- Entertainment, including games, virtual worlds, game sharing
Audiences for Social Media
- Demographics and statistics
- Driving factors
Why Social Media Matters
- Understanding how it affects brands and businesses
- Understanding the network economy
- Case studies - good and bad examples
Monitoring your brand's presence
- Official and unofficial - what people are saying about your brand in the Social Media space
- Basic analysis techniques and tools
- Interpreting the results
- Benchmarking practices
- Ethics - the laws behind Social Media
- Best practices
Creating a Social Media strategy for your brand
- In formal discussion about objectives for your brand
- Group exercise, including feedbock
Who Can Benefit
- Managers, and marketing sales and communications personnel
- The Art of Sales
- Cert. Sales Professional
- Marketing Management
- Consultant led interactive lectures, tutorial exercises, case study and video, leading to group discussion
- Marketing and/or business understanding and experience
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology