Course detailsPeople with disabilities represent a significant and largely underutilized resource for businesses. Many disabled persons are underemployed or unemployed. As a result of advocates for diversity, as well as a shrinking labour pool, employers are taking a serious look at hiring and retaining people with disabilities.
This course will give supervisors, managers, and human resource consultants tools and tips for creating a diverse workplace.
What Will Students Learn
- Prepare to welcome people with disabilities into your workplace
- Interact with people with disabilities
- Identify and overcome barriers in the workplace
- Use respectful, appropriate, acceptable language in any circumstance
- Understand what your company can do during hiring and interviewing
- Understand what job accommodation is and how it applies in your workplace.
This course consists of following modules:
Module 1 – What are Disabilities
Module 2 – Accessibility
Module 3 – Encouraging Diversity by Hiring
Unit 4 – Communication Essentials for Disability Awareness
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
Eligibility / Requirements
There is no particular entry requirement. We do not ask for any previous qualification or experience. Students of all age and academic background can enrol on this course.
About Oxford Home Study College
Oxford Home Study Centre is the UK’s leading provider of affordable, accessible distance learning programs for students worldwide. We owe our international reputation to our founding principles of transparency, commitment to quality and unrivalled value for money.
Our course catalogue currently includes more than 100 fully-accredited online courses, covering the widest variety of subjects and specialisms. We are proud of our achievements in setting the high standard for distance learning .The quality of our courses and the support we offer to our students has resulted in tremendous success to the OHSC. We believe that the success of our college is underpinned by the success of our students. The students at OHSC get exceptional support from qualified and experienced tutors.
One of the main reasons for OHSC success is its uniquely individual, friendly and supportive service. We believe in quality; from our course materials to our tutor support and from our customer service to administration sector, students find fully committed team of professionals to deal with. We respond to 90% of emails with 24 hours. Learning Materials and Assessments are of high quality and are provided in easily accessible formats which can be viewed online or printed.