Course detailsThe Diploma in Professional Curtain-making and Soft Furnishings provides a fantastic introduction to the subject with no previous qualifications necessary. All our courses are studied online and are fully accredited by the British government.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for all students who are passionate about soft furnishings and curtain making, even if they have no previous qualifications. The course is equivalent to a British A-level and offers successful Diploma students a guaranteed place on to the Bachelor of Arts Interior Design degree programme. This course is suitable for students that are looking to start their own business, change career, become an interior designer or simply enhance their creativity.
What will I learn?
- Setting up a Workroom
- Measuring & Design
- Construction Techniques for Hand Headed Curtains
- Fitting and Business Advice
On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Start their own curtain making & soft furnishings business
- Start a career in a design practice
- Progress to the Bachelor of Arts degree in Interior Design
- Complete a home interior design project as a hobby
- No exams! Your personal tutor will assess your assignments.
- The course is delivered through online study that is accessed through our online learning platform - Virtual Learning Studio. This allows students to access all course materials, contact tutors and share ideas with other students through an online community.
- There are no specific academic requirements, just a keen interest and passion in curtain-making and soft furnishings.
- Students are required to have a good level and understanding of written English.
"I am now in my second full year of business with Fast Track Fabrics, I am doing well. I suggest anyone wanting to start out on their own who does not have a background in interior design will find studying with NDA ;The diploma course is comprehensive and provides much more than practical sewing skills, including tasters in interior design, colour and textiles, window treatments and working with clients. There is a really informative unit on setting up a workroom and starting a business". - Pam Faulkner. Updated on 19 November, 2020
Eligibility / Requirements
No prequalifications required - just an enthusiasm for soft furnishings!
About National Design Academy (NDA)
The National Design Academy has been established for over 26 years as the UK's leading provider of fully accredited design courses from Diploma level to Bachelor of Arts Degrees as well as a Master of Arts Degree. All programmes are delivered online through NDA's own Virtual Learning Studio (VLS) and are accredited by the British Government.
NDA delivers British education and training for the design industry and specialises in creating flexible, part-time programmes. There are no term times or semesters so students can choose their own start date and work at their own pace to fit around every day work or family commitments.
Degrees are awarded by, Staffordshire University and the Diploma level courses are accredited by AIM Awards, making all qualifications gained at the NDA nationally and internationally recognised. The National Design Academy is passionate about encouraging and supporting all students to help them to achieve their goals in the exciting and lucrative world of design.
NDA offers the UK's only online Master of Arts Degree in Interior Design and trains more interior design graduates than any other UK university.
All enrolments can be completed online although the NDA admissions office, in the Knowledge Village, Dubai, also offers support to all students with the admissions procedure, course information and fees.See all National Design Academy (NDA) courses
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.