- Locations: Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Duration: 2 Years
This programme is designed to provide a thorough and rigorous learning of principles of economics and their applications in the context of business organisations. It enables students to develop and be able to justify their own views on significant ideas and concepts in the field of economics
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- 5 credits in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language* and Pass in Bahasa Malaysia
- 5 grade C in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language
- 3 grade B in the relevant subjects which must include one Mathematics subject and English Language
- Relevant TARC/ TAR UC Certificate or similar Certificate accredited by MQA.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Quantitative Studies
- Introduction to Organisation and Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Information Technology & Systems
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Mathematics of Economics
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Principles of Investment
- Economic Statistics
- Economics for Business
- Consumer Economics
- Organisation & Business Management
- Business & Corporate Law
- Economics and the Business Environment
- Economics of Industry
- Economics of Money & Financial Institutions
- Ethics for Business
- International Economics
- Managing People
- Economic Issues and Policies
- English Language, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette.
- Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Business Economics) can proceed to Year 2 of the TAR UC Bachelor of Economics (Hons.) programme on credit transfer.
- Graduates of this programme can also apply for admission into relevant bachelor degree programmes at TAR UC or other universities on credit transfer.
- Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Business Economics) can seek employment as assistant researchers, administrative executives, bank executives, finance executive etc.
About TARC University College
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses