The course teaches how to use photography as a tool in our day to day work.
This course is for beginners who seek an introduction to photography. It is designed to familiarize the students with the camera and photography equipment.
The course helps students acquire the necessary skills in the production of photography such as: parts of the camera, frames, lens, shutter speed, aperture, depth of field, lighting, composition, perspective…. In the first weeks, the basic photography includes practical photography exercises to build basic skills in photography.Themes for research work and for end of elective projects, will be chosen and assigned to serve their majors or according to their interests.
- After a successful completion of the course Student will be able to:
- Recognize the parts of the camera and their functions.
- Review the basic culture about the history of photography.
- Use the photography equipment.
- Make a set up for a photography shooting.
- Manipulate the light
- Operatea visual effect such as: movement, depth of field….
- Share an idea through an image.
- a Single lens reflex 24 x 36mm (SLR).camera or a digital camera DSLR
- a Zoom lens (28x80mm)
- a tripod
- Small format cameras (35mm).
- The medium format cameras (basic points).
- The large format cameras (basic points).
- Film Composition.
- Film format.
- Characteristics of films.
- Different types of films.
- Shutter speed.
- Aperture: (f/stops).
- The lenses.
- Depth of field.
- How to make a print (theory)
- Project 1 and image analysis
- Introduction to digital photography and digital darkroom.
- Technique, composition, lighting.
- Master of photography presentation
- Elements of picture design:
- The direction and quality of light.
- Flash lighting.
About ETC Computer Courses
ETC was established in February 2005 by Mr. Naji Sfeir, author, engineer and experienced professor. Mr. Sfeir teaches computer graphics at ALBA, AUB, LAU, and NDU Universities. In 1987, he graduated from The Ohio State University as an industrial and systems engineer. He is currently an Autodesk, an Adobe and a V-Ray certified instructor.See all ETC Computer Courses courses