As both work activities and organisational structures change rapidly, the need for each of us to work at the peak of our effectiveness has increased. This two-day Developing Personal Effectiveness course will help you understand your own personal working styles and how it impacts on others. Look at ways to improve your professional and personal potential by making positive changes and developing and managing yourself better.
Run as it features here, or run in-house where the content can be tailored to suit your organisational needs; cost effective if a number of people require training.
Mrs Deirdre Tidy
Deirdre has been involved in assisting individuals, teams and organisations to evolve and change for over twenty years. She has worked in both the private and public sectors, and for multinationals, as well as small organisations. Her background is a blend of consultancy and management responsibility, having been a Government adviser / consultant in both the engineering and retail industries and also the Managing Director of a construction company. This background ensures that her courses are always practical with an exciting mix of new ideas and fun. Deirdre is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development, a UKCP registered psychotherapist/supervisor and an NLP Master Practitioner. She is the author of two books on communication.
Who is it for
For anyone who wants to improve their overall effectiveness at work by enhancing relationships, increasing confidence and managing stress. The Developing Personal Effectiveness course will be particularly helpful to those taking on new roles and responsibilities or those who what to make changes in their working lives.
- By the end of Developing Personal Effectiveness you will be able to:
- identify your personal styles and your impact on others
- list your key goals and identify steps to achieve them
- analyse different strategies to deal positively with others and build effective working relationships
- use practical methods to reduce stress (in yourself and others)
- use different techniques to increase your self-confidence
- produce a plan for continuing self-development.
- what is it?
- common themes from different models
- the VITAL model
Visions – identifying individual goals
- clarifying what is important to you
- analysing how to succeed
Interaction – working confidently with others
- tools to analyse what is happening
- identifying individual style
- increasing your flexibility
- using a range of models including a systematic approach
- strategies for influencing others
Toughness – maintaining effectiveness in difficult situations
- the difference between stress and pressure
- understanding your own current reactions
- practical ways of staying in charge
- recognising stress in others and how to assist them
Achievement – moving forward with confidence
- how to build and maintain confidence
- how to resource yourself
- c-zone analysis
Learning – continuous development
- learning preferences
- creating the right mix for you
- the outcome ladder
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses