This course focuses on the architectural considerations and decisions necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud. This course also prepares the students for the 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
- Development using the Microsoft Azure Platform
- Establishing a Development Environment using Azure Virtual Machines
- Managing Infrastructure in Azure
- Web Infrastructure in the Azure Platform
- Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency
- Processing Background Logic using Azure
- Storing Tabular Data in Azure
- Storing Files and Media in Azure
- Storing Data in Queues using Azure
- Automating Integration with Azure Resources
- Implementing Security in Web Applications using Azure
- Deploying Web Applications to Azure
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Review the services available in the Azure platform and the Management Portals used to manage the service instances.
- Create a Virtual Machine using the Azure Management Portal and create an image of the VM.
- Create an Azure Web Site and publish an existing ASP.NET web application to the site.
- Create an Azure SQL server and database.
- Describe and identify the common practices and patterns for building resilient and scalable web applications that will be hosted in Azure.
- Create an Azure Cloud Service project in Visual Studio 2013 and debug locally.
- Create a background process using a Azure Worker Role.
- Create an Azure Table Storage table and manage the table data using the .NET API for Azure Storage.
- Create Azure Files SMB file share and store documents.
- Create an Azure Storage Queue instance to store requests.
- Create an Azure Service Bus queue instance to store requests.
- Create an Azure Service Bus namespace and use the namespace to connect a cloud web application to the local WCF service.
- Create a Virtual Machine using the existing SQL template and connect this Virtual Machine to the existing application.
- Create a test environment using PowerShell and the Azure Service Management CmdLets.
- integrate ASP.NET Identity for the administration portal with Azure Active Directory.
- Deploy the web application projects to Azure.
About New Horizons LebanonAs changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses