- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
Students will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC applications using .NET Framework 4.5 tools and technologies.
- Exploring ASP.NET MVC 4
- Designing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Models
- Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Controllers
- Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Views
- Testing and Debugging ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Structuring ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Applying Styles to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Building Responsive Pages in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Controlling Access to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Building a Resilient ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Application
- Using Windows Azure Web Services in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Implementing Web APIs in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Handling Requests in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Deploying ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application.
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
- Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views.
- Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
- Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio 2012 and configure an application for troubleshooting.
- Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
- Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application.
- Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests.
- Implement a complete membership system in an MVC 4 web application.
- Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences.
- Describe how to write a Windows Azure web service and call it from and MVC application.
- Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application.
- Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application.
- Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC 4 web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production.
This course is intended for professional web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in an inpidual-based or team-based, small-sized to large development environment. Candidates for this course are interested in developing advanced web applications and want to manage the rendered HTML comprehensively. They want to create websites that separate the user interface, data access, and application logic.
The Cisco Learning Partner Conference in Montreal, Canada, New Horizons was awarded the Worldwide Acceleration and Transformation Partner of the Year Award.
“They are honored to be recognized for the strong partnership that They have had with Learning@Cisco this past year,” said Bryan Ochs, VP of Global Products and Programs. “They look forward to our continued collaboration to further innovate on Cisco learning products that enhance and transform the Cisco student learning experience for our New Horizon clients.”See all New Horizons Lebanon courses