- Locations: Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
- Duration: 5 Days
About Course:This course teaches IT Professionals to design and plan the deployment of Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
- Designing a Logical Architecture
- Planning a Service Application Architecture
- Planning for Performance and Capacity
- Designing a Physical Architecture
- Designing a Security Plan
- Planning Authentication
- Planning Managed Metadata
- Planning for Social Computing
- Designing an Enterprise Search Strategy
- Planning Enterprise Content Management
- Planning a SharePoint 2010 Implementation of a Business Intelligence Strategy
- Developing a Plan for Governance
- Designing a Maintenance and Monitoring Plan
- Planning Business Continuity
- Planning for Upgrade to SharePoint 2010
- Planning for SharePoint Online
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core methods for identifying business requirements and how these affect planning for a SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online deployment.
- Describe how to plan the service application architecture in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online.
- Describe the principles of designing to maximize performance and capacity in a SharePoint 2010 deployment.
- Describe how to successfully plan the physical components of a SharePoint 2010 deployment.
- Describe the security architecture of SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online and the importance of creating a design that is based on the principle of least privilege.
- Explain how to select authentication methods in a SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online design.
- Describe how to match the managed metadata architecture in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online to business requirements.
- Describe how to plan a social computing implementation of SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online that meets business requirements.
- Describe the architecture and topologies that are available to service a range of search requirements across business models.
- Describe the core functionality of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) in SharePoint 2010 and how it influences solution design.
- Describe core BI principles that will affect planning for SharePoint 2010.
- Describe how to plan for data governance in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online.
- Describe the considerations for developing a maintenance and monitoring plan for SharePoint 2010 that also incorporates the technologies that support SharePoint 2010.
- Describe how to develop a business continuity plan for SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who use Microsoft SharePoint 2010 in a team-based, medium-sized to large environment. While they may have implemented a SharePoint deployment, they have limited experience in designing a SharePoint infrastructure. They likely work as a senior administrator who acts as a technical lead over a team of administrators. Members of this audience should have at least 6 months experience with SharePoint 2010 (including pre-released versions of the product).
About New Horizons LebanonAs changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses