You never know when you'll find yourself in an accident or emergency health situation. When your action or inaction can mean the difference between life or death, it's important to always be prepared. Even knowing the very basics of First Aid and CPR can help save a life, and it isn't complicated or hard to learn.
Whether you require a CPR and First Aid certification for work, or just want to be prepared to help those in need, our online course will equip you with the tools and training you need to feel confident and ready to act.
In this course, we will be teaching you practical tips and techniques used by the experts, however, this course will not provide you with a formal qualification to practice professionally it's a great starting off point. You will come away with all the tools and training you need to be prepared for most emergency situations.
What you will learn
In this online CPR and First Aid training, we'll cover:
- The history of CPR and First Aid and its evolution to modern techniques and practices
- The basics of First Aid, including wound treatment, creating a splint, treating shot, and administering injections
- The science behind CPR, so you understand how it works
- How to prepare for CPR, which includes learning to assess a situation and knowing the appropriate response
- Step-by step instruction to performing CPR using proper technique
Everyone should take a First Aid and CPR class, and we make it convenient by bringing our virtual classroom to you in one easy course so you can learn at your own pace. When faced head-on with an emergency, you may not have time to consult the internet, and you may not have equipment to reach out for help. It's usually lack of knowledge and confidence that makes people freeze in an emergency, but this training will empower you to spring to action using industry-approved techniques to safely administer treatment.
Our course combines technical knowledge and theory with hands-on application, so you won't just learn how to do something - you'll be able to adapt to the situation. This training is also applicable when you yourself need medical care, so you may just end up saving your own life.
In a life or death situation, every second counts. You never know when this First Aid and CPR training will come in handy, so let's get you prepared today.
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you're already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
After you complete this course, you could:
- Explore the exciting and challenging jobs in the medical industry, such as EMT, first responder, nurse, doctor, or registered nurse
- Feel prepared to respond quickly and correctly in an emergency situation
- Be a more effective leader
- Feel comfortable going on more strenuous outdoor trips, knowing that you can help yourself and others in an emergency
About International Open Academy
All IOA courses are created by an international team of professional online educators with years of experience across a variety of industries. You can benefit from a wealth of hands-on knowledge and get the inside track on working within the industries that interest you most.
Our courses are created just for you. All study is completed online. You can learn anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Get comfortable and let us guide you on your way to becoming a professional in your chosen industry.
The courses are structured into clearly defined topics, containing detailed written lessons, graphical representations as well as a wealth of instructional videos.
Transform your career today with our accredited online courses.