- Price USD 4,750
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Knowledge Village
Project Management Institute (PMI) has reviewed and approved GLOMACS as a Global Provider of project management training. This is a PMI Approved/Registered programme and hence attendance to this programme will enable those credentialed with PMI to receive applicable PDUs upon updating their status with PMI.
One of the major functions of contracting is to ensure that risks to owners and contractor are identified and managed in a way that both parties are satisfied with the project outcome. While a contract cannot, of itself, make risk “go away”, it can, and should, identify the risks, determine who is responsible for managing each individual risk, and for the consequences should the risk occur. GLOMACS has developed this interesting and fast paced seminar to provide participants with:
- Critical understandings of the risk mitigation process
- Knowledge to move contracts from the tactical to a more important strategic focus
- Ability to identify risks that can arise
- Skills in allocating contract and procurement risk
- Examples of Contract Terms and Conditions which allocate risk
The Primary Objectives of the Seminar are to help Delegates to:
- Provide an understanding of how risk arises
- Compare different methods of identifying and assessing risk
- Review the impacts of different approaches to risk allocation
- Explore different Contract types to transfer risks
- Consider the contractual techniques to ensure effective risk allocation
- Review risk management techniques during the life of a contract
- Training Methodology
- Participants will increase competencies through a variety of instructional methods including lecture by an experienced practitioner and consultant, cases/exercises, reviewing published articles, checklists, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts.
- Delegates are encouraged to bring real problem examples with them, for discussion on a confidential basis, and to share their experience of particular issues in their company or industry. Time will be allowed for general discussions, and for one-to-one discussion with the trainer.
The organisation will benefit by:
- Expanding the expertise of personnel involved in contract development and management will allow project and general management teams to be more effective
- The total cost of ownership will be understood and reduced by properly identifying and managing the risks
- Clear allocation of risk will reduce the possibility of disputes, and any that do arise should be settled more quickly, with less cost, delay and disruption
- Reducing project failure, costly changes, and cost overruns resulting from poor understanding and management of risk
- Implementing better risk management which improves the chance of project success
- Developing an appreciation of the true effect of contractual indemnities which will enable better decision-making as to contract structures and ensure that risk is passed to others properly and in a cost effective manner
Attendees will gain by participation in this program as a result of:
- Increased understanding of risk
- Better ability to allocate risk, and to select the appropriate contractual regime to achieve your aim
- Develop risk identification and assessment skills
- Heighten understanding of the alternative methods of allocating risk
- Improve understanding of different approaches to managing risk during a contract
- Improve the ability to reduce the negative impact of poorly-managed risk on a project or a company
- Who Should Attend?
- Contracts, Tendering, Purchasing, Procurement, and Project personnel
- Contract Administration, Engineering, Operational, and Maintenance personnel
- Risk, Claims, Financial, and Audit personnel
- And all others who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of tenders, specifications, awards, and contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities
GLOMACS is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Training and Consultancy Company, established to cater to the ever increasing needs of people & their performance in the corporate world. Since its inception, GLOMACS has successfully delivered wide range of courses combining public and in-house training programmes benefiting thousands. With its immense choice of consultants GLMACS, successfully covers and delivers courses in 4 continents spanning the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa and is on the growth scale to add more international and strategic locations.
GLOMACS has an outstanding record for deliverance and has successfully delivered over 2,600 courses aiding professional development for over 700 clients and with more than over 28,000 professionals, by the courses it has provided.
Vision & Mission
GLMACS vision is to promote and enhance competency through practical programmes and events that reflect the latest thinking.
Whereas, their mission is to contribute to the region's advancement and transformation to a knowledge-based society through the provision of programmes of the highest caliber, which directly address the current needs and demands of both individuals and industry.
They take pride in their ability to respond quickly to market needs and provide them with quality learning programmes that are dynamic, leading edge and up to date.
Vision and mission are based on a set of values to which all GLOMACS Associates adhere:
- Know our customers and strive to surpass their expectations.
- Keep customer satisfaction as the only viable measure of success.
- Be the innovators in our business, presenting new ideas in topic and format to our customers.
- Lead the development of training and consultancy in the Middle East through technology transfer.
- Bring vital expertise of the highest quality to develop the region’s skills and knowledge base.
- Support our vibrant economy by creating links in the wider knowledge economy.
- Maintain a work environment that enhances entrepreneurial spirit, work ethics and teamwork within GLOMACS