- Locations: Knowledge Village
- Duration: 1 Day
In the current world of extreme economic uncertainty, the need for consulting skills and abilities has increased, along with the need to ensure that the most cost-effective and innovative solutions happen. The Consulting Skills course will provide you with the basic framework and skills you need to be able to do this.
Run as it features here, or run in-house where the content can be tailored to suit your organisational needs; cost effective if a number of people require training.
Who is it for
Consulting Skills will help managers, HR practitioners, L&D professionals and those considering self-employment to acquire an overview of the consulting process and the skills required.
By the end of the Consulting Skills course you will be able to:
- select the appropriate consulting style and approach for yourself and the situation
- identify the stages/tasks in process consulting
- use some fundamental questioning skills of consultancy
- identify the four key areas in marketing consultancy.
- Setting individual learning frames
- Consulting styles and models - explore the best fit for you and your organisation now / in the future
- Internal vs. external consultants - leveraging the benefits of internal consultancy
- Being part of a consulting team - the key questions to answer to ensure success
- The stages in process consulting - how to work beside your client to achieve results
- Use of problem/outcome frames - when to use the different approaches
- Establishing success criteria - the 9 crucial components
- Contracting - the essential items to include
- Precision questions for effective data collection - practical skill building
- Diagnosis - key elements with hints and tips
- Marketing consultancy - how to apply the 4 elements of the marketing mix
- Evaluation - a pragmatic approach for consultancy
- Next steps
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses