- Locations: Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
- Duration: 5 Days
Students will learn how to install and customize Windows 8.1 operating systems and apps, integrate and control access to domains and cloud services, and migrate and synchronize settings across multiple devices.
- Windows 8.1 in an Enterprise Network Environment
- Installing and Deploying Windows 8.1
- Tools Used for Configuring and Managing Windows 8.1
- Managing Profiles and User State in Windows 8.1
- Managing Disks and Device Drivers
- Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 8.1 Clients
- Implementing Network Security
- Configuring Resource Access for Domain-Joined Devices and Devices That Are Not Domain Members
- Securing Windows 8.1 Devices
- Configuring Applications for Windows 8.1
- Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 8.1 Computers
- Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access
- Recovering Windows 8.1
- Configuring Client Hyper-V
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe solutions and features related to managing Windows 8.1 in an enterprise network environment.
- Determine requirements and perform the tasks for installing and deploying Windows 8.1.
- Manage profiles and user state between Windows devices.
- Determine the most appropriate management tools to configure Windows 8.1 settings.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8.1 system.
- Configure network connectivity.
- Configure resource connectivity for both domain-joined and non-domain joined PCs and devices.
- Implement Windows 8.1 technologies to secure network connections.
- Configure file, folder, and printer access.
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8.1 PCs and devices.
- Configure and control desktop apps, Windows Store apps, and virtual apps.
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8.1 PCs and devices.
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access.
- Determine how to recover Windows 8.1 from various failures.
- Describe and configure Client Hyper-V.
This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 8.1 PCs, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. This course is also intended to provide foundation configuration skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users who run Windows desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium to large enterprise organizations. Students who seek certification in the 70-687 Windows 8.1 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course.
About New Horizons LebanonAs changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses