- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
Students will learn how to install and customize Windows 8.1 operating systems and apps, integrate and control access to domains and cloud services, and migrate and synchronize settings across multiple devices.
- Windows 8.1 in an Enterprise Network Environment
- Installing and Deploying Windows 8.1
- Tools Used for Configuring and Managing Windows 8.1
- Managing Profiles and User State in Windows 8.1
- Managing Disks and Device Drivers
- Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 8.1 Clients
- Implementing Network Security
- Configuring Resource Access for Domain-Joined Devices and Devices That Are Not Domain Members
- Securing Windows 8.1 Devices
- Configuring Applications for Windows 8.1
- Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 8.1 Computers
- Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access
- Recovering Windows 8.1
- Configuring Client Hyper-V
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe solutions and features related to managing Windows 8.1 in an enterprise network environment.
- Determine requirements and perform the tasks for installing and deploying Windows 8.1.
- Manage profiles and user state between Windows devices.
- Determine the most appropriate management tools to configure Windows 8.1 settings.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8.1 system.
- Configure network connectivity.
- Configure resource connectivity for both domain-joined and non-domain joined PCs and devices.
- Implement Windows 8.1 technologies to secure network connections.
- Configure file, folder, and printer access.
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8.1 PCs and devices.
- Configure and control desktop apps, Windows Store apps, and virtual apps.
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8.1 PCs and devices.
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access.
- Determine how to recover Windows 8.1 from various failures.
- Describe and configure Client Hyper-V.
This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 8.1 PCs, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. This course is also intended to provide foundation configuration skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users who run Windows desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium to large enterprise organizations. Students who seek certification in the 70-687 Windows 8.1 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course.
The Cisco Learning Partner Conference in Montreal, Canada, New Horizons was awarded the Worldwide Acceleration and Transformation Partner of the Year Award.
“They are honored to be recognized for the strong partnership that They have had with Learning@Cisco this past year,” said Bryan Ochs, VP of Global Products and Programs. “They look forward to our continued collaboration to further innovate on Cisco learning products that enhance and transform the Cisco student learning experience for our New Horizon clients.”See all New Horizons Lebanon courses