- Duration 5 days
- Timings Flexible
- Locations Al Nahyan, Al Ain
In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-401).
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows -based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X , Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
What will I benefit?
Students will be able to:
- identify fundamental concepts of computer security.
- identify security threats and vulnerabilities
- network security
- managing application, data, and host security
- access control, authentication, and account management
- managing certificates - compliance & operational security
- risk management
- managing security incidents
- business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- CompTIA A+ Certification (2012 Objectives)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification (2011 Objectives)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1: Transition from Windows
The Continuing Education Center (CEC) at Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC) has been established since 1985 as a leading provider of training and development services for individuals and corporate groups in the UAE. The Continuing Education Center at KIC offers a wide range of courses in the fields of IT, Business and English Language. The training center has obtained partnerships with some of the most recognized training and testing organizations globally, such as Microsoft, Comptia, Adobe, Pearson Vue, Association of Business Practitioners (ABP), Project Management Institute (PMI), and King’s English School, which is currently running a branch at KIC.
Over the years, we have managed to build one of the strongest training methodologies in the region, which focuses on developing trainees on an individual basis, and making sure trainees are able to apply the knowledge they learn in their professional lives. To achieve this, some of the most qualified instructors globally have joined us, and today they play an integral role in providing our trainees with one-on-one attention.See all Al Khawarizmi International College courses