- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
In this course, you will learn why it's critical to build security into your Android apps, how to improve programming processes to promote security, & how to provide countermeasures for the numerous threats to which a 'Droid app and its users are exposed.
- The Rationale for Android App Security
- The Android Security Architecture
- Employing Secure Mobile App Development Strategies
- Accessing Local Processes and Devices Securely
- Accessing Local Storage Securely
- Communicating over Networks Securely
- Using the WebView Component Securely
- Using the KeyChain Object Securely
- Securing Data through Encryption
- Hardening Apps Against Attack
In this course, you will harden native Android mobile apps against attack, and ensure secure network communications and backend web services.
- Explain why an organization should devote time and resources to app security, including a specific rationale for Android app development.
- Identify where and how the Android system architecture is vulnerable to security threats.
- Employ strategies to promote the security of mobile apps, including specific strategies for Android.
- Enable an Android app to communicate securely with hardware and software on the device.
- Enable an Android app to secure data through encryption.
- Enable an Android app to store data securely.
- Enable an Android app to communicate securely over networks and with web services.
- Use the WebView component securely.
- Protect credentials in storage and in transit.
- Harden an Android app against attack to levels appropriate for the risk model.
This course is intended for a programmer or web developer who is experienced with mobile app development in Android and wants to learn how to develop secure apps that are hardened against attack to levels that are appropriate for the risk model of the app. The student has experience developing Android apps, and is familiar with the Android SDK, development tools, and processes.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses