- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
Students will acquire the skills needed to install and support one or more distributions of the Linux operating system and learn information and skills that will be helpful as they prepare for the CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI exams.
- Familiarizing Yourself with Linux
- Managing User and Group Accounts
- Managing Partitions and the Linux Filesystem
- Managing Files in Linux
- Working with Linux Permissions and Ownership
- Printing Files
- Managing Packages
- Managing Kernel Services
- Working with the Bash Shell and Shell Scripts
- Managing Jobs and Processes
- Managing System Services
- Configuring Network Services
- Configuring Basic Internet Services
- Securing Linux
- Managing Hardware
- Troubleshooting Linux Systems
- Installing Linux
- Configuring the GUI
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify basic Linux concepts and perform basic Linux tasks.
- manage user and group accounts.
- manage partitions and the Linux filesystem.
- manage various files in Linux.
- work with Linux permissions and ownership.
- print files.
- manage packages.
- manage kernel services.
- work with the Bash shell.
- manage jobs and processes.
- manage system services.
- configure Linux services to provide users with network connectivity.
- configure basic Internet services.
- implement measures to secure a Linux system.
- manage hardware associated with Linux systems.
- troubleshoot Linux system issues.
- install the Linux operating system.
- configure the GUI.
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems, who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of Linux concepts and skills to prepare for a career in Linux support or administration, or to prepare for CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI exams (Exam Codes: LX0–101 and LX0–102). A typical student in the CompTIA® Linux+™ Certification course should have at least 6 to 12 months of Linux experience.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses