- Locations: Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
- Duration: 5 Days
Students will acquire the skills needed to install and support one or more distributions of the Linux operating system and learn information and skills that will be helpful as they prepare for the CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI exams.
- Familiarizing Yourself with Linux
- Managing User and Group Accounts
- Managing Partitions and the Linux Filesystem
- Managing Files in Linux
- Working with Linux Permissions and Ownership
- Printing Files
- Managing Packages
- Managing Kernel Services
- Working with the Bash Shell and Shell Scripts
- Managing Jobs and Processes
- Managing System Services
- Configuring Network Services
- Configuring Basic Internet Services
- Securing Linux
- Managing Hardware
- Troubleshooting Linux Systems
- Installing Linux
- Configuring the GUI
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify basic Linux concepts and perform basic Linux tasks.
- manage user and group accounts.
- manage partitions and the Linux filesystem.
- manage various files in Linux.
- work with Linux permissions and ownership.
- print files.
- manage packages.
- manage kernel services.
- work with the Bash shell.
- manage jobs and processes.
- manage system services.
- configure Linux services to provide users with network connectivity.
- configure basic Internet services.
- implement measures to secure a Linux system.
- manage hardware associated with Linux systems.
- troubleshoot Linux system issues.
- install the Linux operating system.
- configure the GUI.
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems, who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of Linux concepts and skills to prepare for a career in Linux support or administration, or to prepare for CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI exams (Exam Codes: LX0–101 and LX0–102). A typical student in the CompTIA® Linux+™ Certification course should have at least 6 to 12 months of Linux experience.
About New Horizons LebanonAs changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses