- Locations: Knowledge Village
- Duration: 2 Days
Competency-based Recruitment focuses on how to express competency requirements, attract people who meet those requirements and then select the candidates who are the most competent or have the potential to be so.
This course can also be run in-house for a group of people in your organisation. Run as it features here, or tailored to suit your organisational needs
Who is it for
Competency-based Recruitment is suitable for HR professionals or line managers with recruitment responsibilities or recruitment specialists requiring an overview of the competency-based approach to recruitment and selection.
By the end of Competency-based Recruitment you will be able to:
- assess the advantages and limitations of a competency based approach to recruitment
- define competency requirements in a way that could be used in recruitment
- design an interview framework based on competencies
- search for, recognise and judge evidence of competence in an interview
- structure an assessment centre based on competence.
- Competencies and approach requirements
- What difference it may make to the way you attract and select staff
- Examples of competencies
- Links to the business, the culture and HRM/HRD systems
- Framing your competency framework for recruitment
- Advertising for competent people
- Designing your selection processes
- Stereotyping and gender issues
- How to select or create competency-based assessments
- Identifying potential
- Identifying, recording and judging evidence of competence
- Planning the next steps towards a recruitment approach.
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses