The CIPD Foundation Level Certificate in Human Resource Practice is designed for those who want specialist Human Resource Management (HRM) knowledge combined with practical skills development. Successful completion of the program leads to the IPA Certificate in Human Resource Management Practice and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Foundation Level Certificate in Human Resource Practice.
A key feature of this program is that it is highly practical allowing participants ample opportunity to acquire and practice new skills. This program will specifically address key HRM challenges.
The program is also designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map, with successful completion giving you the underpinning knowledge for the new CIPD Associate professional level of membership (Assoc CIPD). This is a new professional grade of membership recognizing the skill, knowledge and approach needed to make a significant supporting contribution, and deliver excellent results in the workplace.
The overall objective of this certificate program is to help participants develop as effective HRM practitioners and utilize the key skills required in this specialist area. At the end of the program participants will have:
- A greater awareness of the organizational context of HRM
- An understanding of the key issues that impact on HRM
- Practiced and developed, under expert guidance, a range of skills relevant to HRM
- Increased their knowledge of the legal, economic, environmental, social, technological and labor related developments that impact on the HRM field
Who should Attend?
This Certificate is ideally suited to:
- Staff who have recently moved into the field of Human Resource Management
- Line Managers and Supervisors to whom HRM responsibility has been devolved
- Staff eager to update their HRM knowledge and skills
- Those wishing to pursue a career in Human Resource Management
- Those wishing to pursue CIPD Membership.
This Certificate program covers the following areas:
- Organizational Context of the HRM Function
- Key Personal Skills/Competencies for HRM Practitioners
- HR Role and Responsibilities of Line Managers
- Models of HRM in the Civil, Public, Private and Not for Profit Sectors
- Recording, Analyzing and Utilizing Information
- Performance Development and Reward Management
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruitment & Selection Policies and Procedures & Skills in Recruitment and Selection Interviewing
- The Public Appointments Service - its role and services
- Induction and Probation
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
The Continuing Education Center (CEC) at Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC) has been established since 1985 as a leading provider of training and development services for individuals and corporate groups in the UAE. The Continuing Education Center at KIC offers a wide range of courses in the fields of IT, Business and English Language. The training center has obtained partnerships with some of the most recognized training and testing organizations globally, such as Microsoft, Comptia, Adobe, Pearson Vue, Association of Business Practitioners (ABP), Project Management Institute (PMI), and King’s English School, which is currently running a branch at KIC.
Over the years, we have managed to build one of the strongest training methodologies in the region, which focuses on developing trainees on an individual basis, and making sure trainees are able to apply the knowledge they learn in their professional lives. To achieve this, some of the most qualified instructors globally have joined us, and today they play an integral role in providing our trainees with one-on-one attention.See all Al Khawarizmi International College courses