Course detailsRouter Support Professionalhelps demonstrate an individual's overall comprehension and expertise of supporting small and medium computer network. VSkills Router Support Professional Certification holders have more than a working familiarity with networks, switches and routers—they are technically skilled to take advantage of the breadth of features efficiently and effectively.
Router support consists of day-to-day support of computer network and optimizing computer networks with VLAN, STP and VLSM. It also involves protecting the network access by ACLs and linking with other routers by OSPF, RIP and EIGRP.
It is in great demand in IT infrastructure companies, data centers, MNCs, Corporates and Government organizations.
Why should one take this certificate?
This certification is intended for professionals and graduates wanting to excel in their chosen areas. It is also well suited for those who are already working and would like to take certification for further career progression.
Earning VSkills Router Support Professional Certification can help candidate differentiate in today's competitive job market, broaden their employment opportunities by displaying their advanced skills, and result in higher earning potential. VSkills Router Support Professional Certification can also lead to increased job satisfaction. Certified individuals have increased competence, productivity, and credibility with their employers, co-workers, and clients.
For employers, the certification provides skill-verification tools that not only help assess a person's skills in basic network support but also the ability to quickly complete on-the-job tasks across multiple programs.
Who will benefit from taking this certification?
The certification benefits hardware engineers and professionals, networking engineers and professionals and students who want to present themselves as truly knowledgeable and differentiate themselves in a competitive job market. It also helps hiring managers make job placement decisions. Managers who hire candidates with a VSkills Router Professional Certification are helping minimize training costs.
Table of Contents
- Virtual LAN Concepts
- VLAN and VLAN Trunking Configuration and Verification
- VTP Configuration and Verification
- Spanning Tree Protocol Basics
- Rapid STP (IEEE )
- STP Configuration and Verification
- STP Troubleshooting
- Generalized Troubleshooting Methodologies
- Troubleshooting the LAN Switching Data Plane
- Predicting Normal Operation of the LAN Switching Data Plane
- IP Routing and Addressing
- Routes to Directly Connected Subnets
- Static Routes
- VLSM Concepts and Configuration
- Finding VLSM Overlaps
- Adding a New Subnet to an Existing VLSM Design
- Designing a Subnetting Plan Using VLSM
- Manual Route Summarization
- Autosummarization and Discontiguous Classful Networks
- IP Access Control List Basics
- Standard Numbered IPv4 ACLs
- Practice Applying Standard IP ACLs
- Extended Numbered IP Access Control Lists
- Named ACLs and ACL Editing
- Miscellaneous ACL Topics
- The ping and traceroute Commands
- Troubleshooting the Packet Forwarding Process
- Troubleshooting Tools and Tips
- Dynamic Routing Protocol Overview
- Distance Vector Routing Protocol Features
- Link-State Routing Protocol Features
- OSPF Protocols and Operation
- OSPF Configuration
- EIGRP Concepts and Operation
- EIGRP Configuration and Verification
- Perspectives on Troubleshooting Routing Protocol Problems
- Interfaces Enabled with a Routing Protocol
- Neighbor Relationships
- PPP Concepts
- PPP Configuration
- Troubleshooting Serial Links
- Frame Relay Overview
- Frame Relay Addressing
- Network Layer Concerns with Frame Relay
- Controlling Speed and Discards in the Frame Relay Cloud
- Frame Relay Configuration and Verification
- Frame Relay Troubleshooting
- VPN Fundamentals
- IPsec VPNs
- SSL VPNs
Vskills is the largest certification body of India. It conducts skills testing and certification exam to improve employability. Candidates use Vskills Certifications, which are well recognized in the Industry, as certification of skills and knowledge.
Companies have benefitted by hiring pre-certified candidates from Vskills and also use the certifications for their in house employee appraisals. The certification body is affiliated to various organizations and is managed professionally by IIM Alumni.
Tests are conducted in a secure and unbiased manner, and certificates are awarded based on merit of the candidates who qualify tests.
Vskills certifications are for relevant qualifications that help students/employees quantify and prove those skills that are valued by the employer and are in great demand.