Course detailsskills Linux Administratorcertification assesses the candidate for a company’s Linux administration needs. The certification tests the candidates on various areas in Linux which include basic knowledge of installation, configuration and management of various services and facilities of Linux.
Why should one take this certification?
This certification is intended for professionals and graduates wanting to excel in their chosen areas. It is also well suited for those who are already working and would like to take certification for further career progression.
Earning Vskills Linux Administrator Certification can help candidate differentiate in today's competitive job market, broaden their employment opportunities by displaying their advanced skills, and result in higher earning potential.
For employers, the certification provides skill verification tools that not only help assess a person's skills in Linux administration.
Who will benefit from taking this certification?
Job seekers looking to find employment in IT department of various companies, students generally wanting to improve their skill set and make their CV stronger and existing employees looking for a better role can prove their employers the value of their skills through this certification.
Table of Contents
- Linux and OSS
- Distributions and linux evolution
- Software and hardware pre-requisites
- Installation types and server roles
- RPM installation and management
- Programme source compile and installation
- File system components and management
- Partition and volume management
- Linux booting, init and rc scripts
- System daemons (xinetd, inetd, rsyslogd and cron)
- Kernel basics, building and patching
- SysFS and proc
- Shell types and BASH shell
- BASH shell variables, commands and scripting
- User basics and management tools
- Access permissions and PAM
- TCP/IP and IPv6
- Modules, network interface configuration and routes
- SetUID, ps, df, ulimit and chroot
- Netstat and logging
- Nmap. Snort, nessus and wireshark
- NFS and NIS
- Samba and LDAP
- HTTP and Apache Web Server
- SMTP, POP and IMAP
Vskills is the largest certification body of India. It conducts skills testing and certification exam to improve employability. Candidates use Vskills Certifications, which are well recognized in the Industry, as certification of skills and knowledge.
Companies have benefitted by hiring pre-certified candidates from Vskills and also use the certifications for their in house employee appraisals. The certification body is affiliated to various organizations and is managed professionally by IIM Alumni.
Tests are conducted in a secure and unbiased manner, and certificates are awarded based on merit of the candidates who qualify tests.
Vskills certifications are for relevant qualifications that help students/employees quantify and prove those skills that are valued by the employer and are in great demand.